Thursday, May 10, 2018

Blogging through the alphabet: A is for American Girl crafts

abcblogbutton2

In my introduction post for this round of abc blogging I wasn't sure what I would be doing. I knew I wanted to do a theme, but it just wasn't clear what I should do. I had a lot of ideas, but nothing really seemed like something I could make it through the whole alphabet with.

After much thought I finally decided it would be fun to do things I find on Pinterest. I have so many fun things pinned with the hope that someday I might get to them. I also am in need of a creative outlet, and miss doing art and crafts with the kids. It is something that often gets pushed aside when we run out of time.

So that brings us to our first letter, A! I chose...

American Girl crafts

IMG_2912

Now this picture doesn't look like something I just found off Pinterest, right? It isn't. We just happened to have this kit lying around, so I am going to use the supplies I have in it to make a tutu that I did pin from Pinterest. We love the American Girl craft kits, but there are tons of DIY American Girl doll crafts on Pinterest. My daughter used to make these homemade crafts all the time.

Screenshot (11)
Screenshot of my crafts Pinterest board. (I wanted to put a widget here, but couldn't figure it out)
I sat down to make the tutus, and to my great surprise my 16-year-old daughter saw, and said she wanted to make one too! I was thrilled to have some crafting time with her. Especially doing something she used to love doing when she was much younger. We pulled out all the tulle, and decided we had enough elastic to make 2 tutus for the 2 dolls we have out. This kit also came with shirts that could be stamped with fun designs that Alex did a while back. He really likes playing with the dolls, so he does enjoy the clothes. He wasn't interested in making the tutus though.


IMG_2913

We measured the tulle to 10" and cut out several strips in several different colors.

IMG_2914

We "tied" all the tulle on and ended up with 2 very cute tutus. I put the shirts on that Alex made previously, and there we had 2 new outfits!

IMG_2915

Oh, and I forgot the string backpacks that came in the kit too. Alex did these when he did the shirts a while ago. Fun crafts! One is big for the child to wear.

IMG_2916

So, that concludes my first blogging through the alphabet post for this round of abc blogging. Join us with your own abc post. Pick a theme, or just fly by the seat of your pants each week. It's up to you! You can join the linky below. It will appear on all the co-hosts blogs.

abcblogging2


I am joining these lovely ladies as a co-host for a new round of blogging through the alphabet!

 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun abc blogging theme :) It sounds productive! I'm trying it but wasn't sure "where" my graphic should officially link to??

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, sorry, I don't have a blog button with html to link back to me, I know that's convenient. If I can figure out how to make one, I will put one up. You can link it back to my page, or any of the other co-hosts.

      Delete
  2. My daughter, and my granddaughters will love this! We also find a lot of great ideas on pinterest for AG dolls. Looking forward to visiting the rest of your series over the next few months - great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...