Monday, June 18, 2018

My weekly Homeschool Journal

Life this week...

Between my allergies and migraines I had a rough week. But, we survived, and even managed to get some school work in. It is summer break around here, but we keep working when we can between all the summer stuff. We take so many days off during the school year, so we do more year-round schooling. We have some catching up to do for sure!

Homeschool this week...

I don't have any pictures of it, but we got to work on science one day this week. We learned about covalent bonds with Apologia elementary chemistry. I did our usual reading, and then we came to a try this that I was not really thrilled to do, but we did it anyway. I'm glad we did because it really helped them to understand things. Don't leave out the hands on stuff just because it seems silly or you just don't feel like doing it. Do it anyway. The results are always awesome.

Reviews we are working on...

We are actually only on 3 reviews right now. I have cut back because I know our desire to do any school right now is very low. One of the reviews is actually for me. It's a Math Refresher for Adults. I love it. I am actually excited to do math!

Untitled


Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

Take time to look back on your week. You will always see that you accomplished more than you think!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Every once in a while we go to this park in Newberg that has a huge skate park and a BMX bike track. Alex loves it. His bike is the only one that we can bring usually because it's small enough to fit inside the van. The other boys want to bring their bikes too someday.

Untitled

One day we finally made it out to Bauman Farms (a local farm that has a play area, and a nice little store). We go there just to get donuts and play sometimes. It's a nice little place not too far out of town. Anyway, they have animals too. Usually we see the chickens, or goats, or the alpaca. But, this time we had the pleasure of meeting their sweet cat. This guy was soooo friendly. It's like he knows just where to come to get some daily snuggles. He walked right into the playground when we got there, and just immediately started rubbing our legs. We of course started petting him, and he was hooked. He laid down, and just let the kids pet him.

Untitled

We finally just decided to sit down, and he immediately tried making himself comfortable on Aric's lap. It wasn't working so well with how Aric was sitting.

Untitled

So, he went to find someone else's lap. He found Aaron's to be quite comfy. This cat was adorable. I've never met a friendlier cat. I wish our Salem had more of this temperament.

Untitled


My favorite thing this week was...

Our 19th anniversary dinner/date to a neat little bakery and tavern/restaurant on Friday night. We had never been here before. It's a place that Mike found looking for the top places to eat/experience in Portland. This was definitely fun and a neat experience. It's called Trifecta, and it's a bakery on one side and a tavern on the other.  Of course we don't drink, so we weren't there for that part, but we did enjoy the food. I still can't believe I didn't take a picture of our plates. They were pretty.

Instead I just got pictures of us waiting. Then, I was too excited to take anymore pictures. We waited in the bakery side because there were benches to sit on. Those goods looked so good.


Untitled

The view from our bench. It was fun watching all the people go by.

Untitled

I guess I did get a picture of the bread that they bring while you wait for the main dish. It was soo good! We had eaten half of it before I thought about taking the picture.

Untitled

I love eating out, and trying new interesting places, so this was a fun night with the hubs. Very special, and I love that he wanted to make the night special for our anniversary.


Something special to note...

Aric received his Bear patch this week at the last pack meeting of the year. He had a good year in cub scouts.

Untitled

That about wraps up our last week. Coming up this week tennis camp for the 2 younger boys!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...