Thursday, May 2, 2019

Hamelin Stoop Books 1 & 2 (A REVIEW)



I love books because it is a way to escape my world (and my responsibilities for a time), and be somewhere else. It gives my mind a break from reality, and worries. An escape from my own world, and a glimpse of someone else's. With The Hamelin Stoop Series books from 12 Gates Publishing
that is exactly what happens. I was immediately sucked into the world of a boy named Hamelin Stoop who when the story began, was a small baby left on the stoop of a children's home because his parents were taken as prisoners to a different world.

I love book reviews because it helps me find and discover new books that I wouldn't often pick up on my own. This new young adult fantasy book series is one that I would probably have looked over just because it's not my favorite genre, but it is geared toward my kids' ages 8 and up, so I was happy to read it and check it out for them. I have to admit I liked it even as an adult, and would happily pass it onto my own kids middle school and up. Maybe my 8 year-old too, but it would have to be a read aloud so we can talk about it. But, it just might be a little too intense at parts for him. Especially in the beginning when Hamelin's parents are so mistreated as they are taken away.  We received the first 2 (and only ones so far) books in the new Hamelin Stoop series. They are paperback books about the size and thickness of a standard chapter book. The covers are colorful and definitely give the feeling of a fantasy series.

Untitled

Hamelin Stoop: The Eagle, The Cave, and the Footbridge (Book 1) is the fist book in the series. It follows the adventures of a boy named Hamelin Stoop who had to be abandoned at a children's home by his parents when they were taken away to another world. They made the difficult decision to leave him behind to save him from the pain of living in this other world. As he grows he longs to have someone to call his own, like parents. He runs away on his 8th birthday, and discovers a cave. This begins his journey to discover some answers of his past, and leads him on an amazing adventure to discover how courageous he can be.

Untitled

Hamelin Stoop: The Lost Princess and the Jewel of Periluna (Book 2) is the 2nd book in the series. I have not read this one yet, but I look forward to seeing how Hamelin continues on his adventures to discover and learn what he must do to help.

I am hoping my boys will want to read these books soon. My 7th grader has started the first one, and is only a few chapters in. He isn't a big reader, but I'm hoping these books will draw him in because it did for me! If you'd like to see what others had to say about this new book series you can click on the banner below.


The Eagle, The Cave, and the Footbridge (Book 1) & The Lost Princess and the Jewel of Periluna (Book 2) {12 Gates Publishing  Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...