Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Crazy LEGO mom

I finished something yesterday! Not the boys, but me, the mom. I am happy to say that I built a LEGO startburst candy machine. Did I really  need a starburst candy machine? No, but I wanted one! It caught my attention, and I decided that would be a good project for me to take on since we'd be getting candy for Halloween. I don't get to build LEGO's very often myself, but I love doing it. I found this idea at Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. Finding some of the pieces was a bit of a challenge, so it doesn't look exactly like hers. I had to grab what I could find.

Untitled 


Here is a picture of the process. Even though I had some sorted out yellows and other colors we didn't have all the correct pieces. All the LEGO's are in the boys' room so I got to sit in there and bug Aric about pieces I couldn't find. He was a great help sometimes, and pretty knowledgeable about different pieces. I enjoyed hanging out with him. Not sure if he felt the same way though! Lol!

Untitled

Less than a couple hours later the creation has already met its demise. A piece had come loose, causing it to jam, so Alex took it apart to see if he could fix it. He aborted the mission soon after when he realized it was a lost cause. Not sure if I'll rebuild or not. It wouldn't be too hard, but I think I want to build something else now. There are so many fun ideas out there!

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...