Monday, October 24, 2022

Donut hike (1000 hours outside inspired)

I put the monthly outdoor adventure list of ideas (from 1000 hours outside) on my refrigerator each month hoping that we'll find some time to complete at least a few of them. One that I had been eying finally happened over the weekend. I was able to convince at least a few members of the family that it would be fun, and I think it was. We did the "warm donut hike" sans the warm part (that would have required more work). 

Untitled

We decided to just take a short walk at a park in Keizer (Keizer Rapids Park). It was perfect for our energy level that day. It was also late afternoon so the sun was coming through the trees so beautifully and the river was peaceful.

  Untitled

My hiking buddies were Michele and Alex.

Untitled

We saw some jack-o-lanterns on the trail.

Untitled Untitled

Love a path lined with leaves!

Untitled

We saw a snake slithering across the trail

Untitled

I picked half a dozen donuts out for the 3 of us. 

Untitled

We even brought milk and cups to have with our donuts. It was starting to get pretty chilly at this point, but it was nice just sitting there while Alex played on the playground for a bit after our hike.

Untitled

And that's a wrap on that outdoor adventure! It was fun!

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...