Tuesday, October 25, 2022

My Weekly Notebook: Last week!

 

Life this week...

I received some bummer news about clogging this week. The building that we use for a studio is being sold, so the whole school is being temporarily closed until they can figure out a new plan. Possibly for months. So that means that come mid-November I will not be clogging for a while. It was a huge shock. I have to admit that it was also a little bit of a relief that I can take a short break. I am coming up on my year commitment and was trying to decide if I want to keep going. This kinda decided for me at least until they start back up, then I'll have to decide. At least this gives me a chance to take a break and re-evaluate. 

Homeschool this week...

Some math from the week. 

Aric's working through Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1, and Lesson 31 is the worst score he has earned yet. So, I deleted the problems so we can go over them and he can fix them. He is a math minimalist (he wants to do as little as he can get by with), but I want him to understand what he's doing.

Untitled

We played these math squares games for some fun math this week from Games4gains.com. We had fun playing these on those tough mornings where we are having a hard time.

  Untitled Untitled


Mom-school this week... 

I am on a 21 day streak in Duolingo (Spanish). 

Untitled

I also started up my 52 lists book again. 

Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We went to the library for our homeschool group meeting. It was art day. Painting with different objects proved to be a fun activity for all ages.

Untitled 

Then we gathered downstairs to look for books and Alex got his fill of playing chess.

Untitled 

My favorite thing this week was...

Going on a donut hike

Things I'm working on...

Helping Alex with his human anatomy puzzle for school

Untitled 

Something I accomplished...

I got some more Halloween decorations up and tidied up the front porch/yard. There was a point when I thought I wouldn't put up any decorations outside because I just wasn't feeling like it, but Saturday was nice and I wanted to put them out.

Untitled 

What we're reading...

These are the stacks of books for the week. I got a little over zealous with my library holds this week! But, now we have a lot of great books to try out. Some are also books for school reading, so there's that too.

Untitled Untitled 

Outdoor time...

Our outdoor time has been lacking in the last few weeks. I haven't really been keeping track of hours because there just haven't really been any to track. So, I have decided that it's now time to make more of an effort to get outside now that it's getting cooler and winter is coming. It won't come as naturally now that summer is over. I am going to have to intentionally choose outdoor activities that will get us out there.

Games we played...

  • Star Wars Guess who
  • giant battleship (Alex, at church)

Other thoughts from the week...

It finally feels like fall! The leaves are starting to turn beautiful colors and fall off the tree. I want to enjoy these moments. To slow down. I am really trying to do that. I took a walk by myself on Saturday morning when I was feeling all the frustrations of life and feeling busy and overwhelmed. So glad I did. It really helped bring things into perspective. 

  Untitled


I'm grateful for...

A night outside by the fire.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...