Monday, October 10, 2022

My Weekly Notebook: can the weeks just slow down now?!

Life this week...

I started the week with a cat snuggling on my lap Monday morning. I loved having that as an excuse to not get going very quickly. This is the only time this cat is snuggly, in the mornings, so I'll take it! The rest of the week was good. Very busy, but all the usual busy, not much new.

Untitled 

Homeschool this week...

I feel like we still haven't gotten into our groove for homeschooling yet. We're about a month into school and it is turning out to be a slow process. Hoping to find a better flow to our school day in the coming weeks.

Mom-school this week...

I need to find a good groove for my own study during the week too. I started to listen to a book called Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute for a mom's meeting we are having. It was good, but I only got about 4 chapters in before the cd's were too scratched to continue. Now I have to just order the book to continue. It's good, so I think I will. It'll be great to have a hard copy to mark quotes anyway. 

Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

Stop stressing! That is my message to myself this Sunday, the day before the new week. I need to just chill. 

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

It's amazing to me that it was still warm enough this week to even do this, but Monday found us walking and swimming at the Willamette River in Portland. It was even hot! Not just barely warm, but hot. I was dying and had to finally move into the shade while Alex swam. 

Also, this is like the coolest picture of the week...

  Untitled

My favorite thing this week was...

I really enjoyed this project. Alex has a LEGO bonsai tree that he bought with some birthday money for his last birthday. I thought it would be fun to make it spooky, and it turned out really cute. I had to order some special pieces and I wasn't sure how they would look, but I think it came together awesome. Alex even helped me put the branches together.

  Untitled Untitled Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I started a few LEGO projects this week and also did a lot of sorting and searching for pieces. 

  Untitled

Random things the kids worked on...

Alex really wants to have his RC car working again, so he worked on that both by himself and with his dad. He now has a working RC car again. He was so excited to drive it around on Sunday afternoon.

  Untitled Untitled

Something I accomplished...

I made this delicious chocolate peanut butter banana bread. 

  Untitled

Movies/TV we watched...

I am watching the Heartland series again, and I'm loving it just as much as the first time I watched it. This part of the story where Lou and Peter are asking Georgie if she wants them to be her foster parents is a real tear jerker.

  Untitled  

Outdoor time...

We need more outdoor time!

Games we played...

We played this game, We the People fight tyranny, to go along with our US history studies this year. It was good! A lot of questions we didn't know the answer to, so it was a good history lesson.

  Untitled

I'm cooking/eating...

See above (Something I accomplished). I also made a delicious apple slaw to go with our pulled pork sandwiches for dinner on Sunday.

  Untitled

Something that worked out great or didn't work out for us this week...

We heard there was a Halloween sticker drop at Dutch Bros. on Wednesday, so it worked out great for us to swing by and get a hot chocolate on the way to co-op and see if we could snag a sticker. We did it! 

  Untitled

Other thoughts from the week...

I am really looking forward to that "warm donut hike" on our outdoor adventure list this month. I'm trying to figure it out and see if I can make it work.

  Untitled

I'm grateful for...

LEGO. They bring me joy.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...