Sunday, July 16, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Week 28

Untitled

 

Life this week...

It's weird. I've never had this sense of "summer is going to be over before we know it" before, but it's strong this year. I just keep looking at the number of weeks we have left and it keeps flashing before my eyes. I feel like it's going to be over way too fast. I just want to enjoy it, but it's hard when I keep feeling like this. Summer has just begun but I'm already worried it will be over too fast. I need to relax.

Homeschool this week...

We learned about Picasso reading this book, Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists Pablo Picasso, and discussing some of his art.

Untitled 

I then put my LEGO plate up on the white board for the kids to make a "Picasso" masterpiece out of bricks and pieces. This is what we started with on the first day. I will post the finished product next week. It's a lot of fun to see the kids put pieces up on it.

Untitled

 Mom-school this week...

I had some fun with making Zentangles. This Zentangle for Kids book is awesome, and even I enjoy making some of the ideas in it. I did several on one square because I was just trying things out, but normally you'd fill a whole area with some of these ideas. (This was actually from a few weeks ago, but still wanted to share)

 Untitled


Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

Do you need some inspiration in the kitchen feeding these kids all day? I know I do! I have recently rediscovered Jamerrill Stewart's blog that has tons of ideas for making and preparing meals for a large family or freezing. I liked this blog post with lots of good ideas for snacks, desserts, and baked goods. I need to get focused on cooking at home again, and she seems to have a lot of ideas and inspiration.

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We went to the park for a little time outside one day this week while running errands. It was fun to watch all the kids playing in the fountain and even dip my own feet in. I also snapped a picture of some flowers with my LEGO sigfig (minifig that resembles me, sort of)

Untitled 

Things I'm working on...

I am working on a big LEGO project called a MOC. It's a drive-in with race cars that we have already built. It's my first really big project with LEGO as an adult. I'd like to get good enough building something to take to a convention next spring. This is just a practice run, and turning out great so far!

Something I accomplished... 

I got all the 4th of July (minus the lights) taken down and away in the box. Now it's time for fall decor! (and yes, I don't care about being early)

Untitled 


What we're reading...

I read some of this meditation type book. It's kinda fun to meditate with Pooh bear!

 Untitled


Movies/TV we watched... 

We watched Independence Day. I had forgotten pretty much the whole movie, so I thought it would be fun to watch it again for 4th of July. We ended up watching it a few days after the 4th.

Untitled  

 

Outdoor time...

Only a few hours this week. I'm trying to figure out how to get us out more. We have no more hiking groups so we are going to have to be much more intentional.

Games we played... 

We played a few games of go fish with our new giant card deck. These cards are huge! They look pretty neat. The hardest part was figuring out how to shuffle.

Untitled Untitled

LEGO... 

I sorted minifigures into collections. It was a very satisfying project, and I'm excited to have all my minifigures (Collectible minifigures) in one place.

Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

I did not cook a whole lot this week. There were many "fend for yourself" meals.

Something that worked out great or didn't work out for us this week...

Something that didn't work out so great was my favorite pair of flip flops (crocs brand) breaking. I have been meaning to get over to the croc store to get a new pair all week, but haven't been able to. I miss those summer shoes. My feet get too hot for shoes.
 

Other thoughts from the week...

I am trying to post more of my daily homeschool stuff over on my Instagram page if you want to follow me there I'm @desireewinz. I laminated some art cards and made a little reel about it. It was fun to make and turned out really nice.

 Untitled 

I'm grateful for...

Feeling good this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...