Sunday, July 23, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Week 29

Weeklynotebookweek30

 

Life this week...

I can already feel that fall-ish feel. I have to say I'm already getting a little excited for fall and all that it comes with. Funny, right? Especially since last week I was all about summer going by way too fast. Which, it is! I am feeling both. But, this week I am definitely feeling excited for fall and can't wait.

Homeschool this week...

Not much happened in our school this week. Alex did a little math. He's slowly slogging his way through. I am hoping to get him to finish the level he is on by the end of summer so he can start the next level in the fall. 

Mom-school this week...

I am going to study Alaska right along with Alex, and make the lapbook from Homeschool in the Woods Make-a-state pack.  I got this element done this week, but I'm hoping to finish the whole thing in a few days so that Alex can use it while we study and explore it. Untitled

 Untitled


Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

Find something that you'd like to learn or study yourself. Even if it's what your kiddos are learning about and you'd just like to dive into it a little deeper. We almost kind of do this naturally as we plan lessons, but I'm talking about you doing the lessons too. Print up a notebooking page for yourself, or do that art project right along with the kids. I'd like to do Algebra 1 now that I'm helping my kid through it, so I watch and do some of the lessons too. I'm way better at math now than I was in high school!


Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We found a new to us bike pump track. Alex was thrilled to discover this place and he rode around for 2+ hours on Monday morning. He was super tired after he was done!

Untitled


A few of our favorite things this week... 

I was thrilled to find this horse book at a Friends of the Library store in Tualatin. I love it. The pages are packed of pretty hand drawn pictures and information about horses. 

Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I'm continuing to work on my huge 4 seasons tree cross-stitch. I picked it up this week and finally did some of the summer green leaves.

What we're reading...

The Princess and the Goblin (See the post about this book here)


Movies/TV we watched... 

I decided with my fall mood that I'd watch The Haunted Manion (Disney 2003) while I folded laundry and a few family members decided to join me. Now I want to go see the new Haunted Mansion movie coming out at the end of July.

Outdoor time...

We are only 5 hours away from 300. I wish we had more. I wish we did more outside. We can do better. Thankfully we have a beach day planned for next week.

Games we played...

We played Rubik's Race again. I continue to do very poorly at that game. I need to just sit and practice. Alex beats me 99% of the time.

LEGO...

I need to start taking down some sets and builds. I decided it's time to take down all the flowers to make way for fall themed stuff. I took apart the daffodils this week. I really actually like taking LEGO apart.

 Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

I have been wanting to make enchiladas for a while. I finally made some chicken green chili enchiladas this week. They were so good. I did almost burn them a bit because I left then in too long under the broiler.

 Untitled

Something that worked out great or didn't work out for us this week... 

Something worked out great this week, but I had to dumpster dive for it. I realized that I had accidently thrown away one of my LEGO minifigures away. This one is special because it's my sigfig (represents me). So, I dug through the garbage, and I was right! It was in there. I was trying to think of a scene I could make with LEGO to show this story and Alex came up with this. Putting the minifigure in the garbage head first. It's a pretty funny scene and I thought it was cute. Fun story and fun pictures.

Untitled Untitled

 

Other thoughts from the week...

On another note, I also found my scriptures that were lost. They had been missing for probably a few months but I didn't realize it until about a week ago when I decided I wanted to start using my actual scriptures instead of electronic. I couldn't find them anywhere around the house so I deduced that they must have been left at church. That was the last time I remembered having them. Sure enough they were! The first time I looked just around the general church building I didn't find them. On Sunday I had the impression that I should look in the library. Sure enough, there they were! Sitting right there on the counter as if someone had just put them there because they knew I was coming. It made me so happy. I am thrilled that I found them.


I'm grateful for...

Trees blowing in the wind. I love the sound it makes and the feeling it gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...