Saturday, August 5, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Week 31

week30

 Life this week...

I've been trying to get back to sitting outside and watching the sunset in the evenings. Not only is it amazing to just be outside and enjoy the fresh air but it's also such a great time to just sit and think. I've also realized that I can take some great pictures which I just love doing.

 Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We went to the river one day with some friends. It was nice but it was hot. I was not prepared to be sitting and roasting in the sun. I think I was starting to get a little warm and not feeling well. We had to leave earlier than I wanted to. I was so unprepared with any cool drinks and I couldn't get in the water because I didn't have my swimsuit on. After wards I had the thought that I should have just jumped in with my clothes. It would have helped and I'm sure I would have dried by the time we were ready to leave. Also we didn't bring our paddle boards and Alex was sad we didn't.

Untitled  

 

Untitled

A few of our favorite things this week... 

I was thrilled to find this cute pumpkin lamp from IKEA. I love it. It makes me so excited for all things fall.

Untitled


Something I accomplished...

I worked on one of these vintage flower sticker pages from this new book I picked up at Costco recently. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this. Such a great way to keep myself busy while Alex jumped at Defy.

 Untitled Untitled Untitled


What we're reading...

We read Wish by Rosanne Thong. This is a fun book about how wishes are made around the world. Some were crazy, some were neat, and some were very familiar. I saw several wish traditions that have made their way into our American country/traditions.

 Untitled

Movies/TV we watched... 

Alex decided he wants to watch Stranger Things so we started watching that this week. Problem is he wants to watch it all at once. It was hard to get him to stop. I think I'm gonna have to put a limit on it. Streaming can be so nice and convenient, but it can also be addicting and hard to stop. I also watched the new Dungeons and Dragons movie with the hubby.

Outdoor time...

We have 13 hours this week. Today alone we spent 5 hours at the beach. It was glorious. I long to be outside more. 

Games we played...

We tried this new game: Guess in 10, States of America. Alex really liked it. I did too! We might have to figure out a way to make this one more challenging though.

 Untitled

 

LEGO... 

I built this fun little polybag set, a friends' skate park. I built a lot of other things, but that's not what this post is about. I like to just show a little of what we did.

Untitled

 

Something that worked out great for us this week... 

We were able to finally have a little family meeting around the fire with s'mores.

Untitled

Other thoughts/funnies from the week... 

Salem the cat makes us laugh daily.

Untitled


I'm grateful for...

Sunsets and sunrises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...