Sunday, August 27, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Week 34

 

Life this week...

It was another hot week, but I see things about 10 degrees cooler for the coming week so I'm excited to hopefully be on the downward trend as we head into the month of September. We did have a thunder and lightning storm one night. It was exciting and kinda surprising because it wasn't in the forecast. I thought it was someone in my backyard with a flashlight at first. We got the slightest sprinkle too.

Homeschool this week...

We got an art lesson in this week. This was a fun art project from Art for Kids Hub. These crack me up. We drew our self-portraits of us playing Oculus. This was such a perfect project for him right now as he has been playing it quite a bit.

 Untitled Untitled

 

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We went to the park and river on Friday. It was warm, but so so nice. I loved this tree that has decided it's time for fall.

Untitled


Something I accomplished...

I finished this dried flowers LEGO set. I wanted this for some new fall decor. It's very pretty and I love it.
Untitled 


Movies/TV we watched... 

I watched Batman Begins with Aric. He decided he wants to watch some Batman movies and I joined him because I thought it might be interesting. I enjoyed the movie time with him, and the movie.

Outdoor time...

We are at 388 hours for the year. (out of 1000)

LEGO...

We got out the BricQ motion set and repeated the first lesson because Alex wanted to do it again. We had fun building a contraption to push/move a ball across the table.

 Untitled Untitled

 

I'm cooking/eating...

I made black pepper chicken for dinner on Sunday night. You can find the recipe here: Omnivore's Cookbook. It was so good. I miss the black pepper chicken that Panda's Express used to have so I have to make something similar every once in a while at home.

 Untitled

Other thoughts from the week... 

I am excited for fall. I already put out some fall gnomes. I am going to decorate with the rest soon!

Untitled

I'm grateful for...

A new school year that's about to start

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...