Sunday, August 13, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Week 32

 

Life this week...

We are ending the week on a hot note with 100 + temps. It's supposed to continue into the new week for a few days. I really hope this is one of the last heat waves we have this summer. I'm ready for cooler temps. Maybe even some rain or snow. We were scheduled to be on a camping trip starting tomorrow (Monday) but we had to cancel due to the heat, so I'm glad we have a few more trips scheduled before summer is over.

Homeschool this week...

I hit some back to school sales and that got me a little excited so I picked up a few things. I couldn't resist this Star Wars notebook and folder. I can't wait to see what will go in them.

 Untitled

Mom-school this week...

I worked on a journal page in my brain games book, did some studying in my scriptures, read a meditation book, and built a lot of LEGO. Nothing really super, just the usual stuff.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Alex had a Parkour Games camp all week and he went every single day. This is such a great accomplishment for him. There were a few days where he said he was too tired to go, but he persevered anyway.


A few of our favorite things this week... 

We have been loving these Johnny Pops this summer. I have been sitting outside at sunset and enjoying a popsicle as many days of the week as I can. These are yummy!

Untitled Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I am working on slowing down. I'm really trying to find activities that slow my brain down. I find when I can focus on something that it helps me to not get overwhelmed. That's one of the reasons I do so much LEGO and reading.

Something I accomplished...

I completed this LEGO mosaic for a mosaic Monday challenge that I participate in on Instagram. These mosaics have actually been quite challenging for me. Coming up with something that looks aesthetically pleasing to me is not an easy task!

 Untitled Untitled


What we're reading...

I asked my Facebook friends for some ideas on something to read with certain requirements and I got quite a list now to work through. I decided to start with this one. So far it seems pretty good.

 Untitled


Movies/TV we watched... 

We are continuing to make our way through Stranger Things. We are currently a few episodes into season 2.

Outdoor time...

Sadly very little time was spent outside this week as Alex had his parkour camp. He was too tired to do anything else. After the heat lets up we will get back to it.

Games we played...

Unfortunately no games were played at home. Alex played a lot of games at camp though!

LEGO...

I went to my first LUG meeting up in Portland. It was so scary, but I braved it and loved it. I am looking forward to getting more involved and making some new friends.

I'm cooking/eating...

A friend told us about Hippeas and I found this fun bag this week to try. They were delicious!

 Untitled
 

I'm grateful for...

I'm grateful for air conditioning and a cool place to be during this heat wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...