Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin crayons!

We had fun today making crayons!  I saw Tristan's (Our busy homeschool) making a crayon tutorial this morning, and thought that would be just a perfect "back to the grind" activity after coming home from a fun camping trip to get our Monday jump started.

I loved her tip about using the exacto knife.  That makes the process so much faster!  I started slitting the papers down the crayon, but quickly Aaron wanted to take over that job.  I really wanted to do the cutting, but I trust him with this job, so I let him take it over.  He's very careful with anything sharp.  You have to use your best judgement for your own kids.

IMG_4686

As he cut  the papers Alex loved unwrapping the papers.  He and I worked together to sort them into the pans.

IMG_4685

The finished pumpkin crayons.  I used my silicone Wilton pan.  I do plan to clean it out thoroughly so I can use it again for food because these pans are not cheap, but beware for any pan you use there is residue left in it!  

IMG_4691

These came out so fun.  Better than I had imagined they would come out.  I loved the faces.

IMG_4690

Aaron was very happy with "his" crayon.  He wanted to make one with golds, and silvers.  Hoping I can convince him to let everyone use it.IMG_4689
IMG_4687


If you want to see the full instructions on how to make them visit the blog link I mentioned at the beginning of the post.  She has some great tips, and super easy to follow instructions. 

Desiree

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! We made some heart crayons for a girl cousin for Christmas using this method. SHe loved her personalized crayons. I really like your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...