Friday, January 23, 2015

New year's day at the A.C. Gilbert museum

Back on New year's day we went to the AC Gilbert museum down in Salem as a family.  It was a fun day, and a fun way to ring in the new year.

They have a nice huge outdoor area for playing.  It was a beautiful day, though very cold!

IMG_7568

IMG_7571

IMG_7576

Over Christmas we watched the movie "The Man Who Saved Christmas".  I knew we had the museum down in Salem, and we've been there plenty of times, but after watching the movie over Christmas I was more curious about why we had A.C. Gilbert's museum in Salem, OR.  So, I kept my eyes open as we were there, and I definitely looked closer at the timeline up in one of the houses.  What ties does A.C. Gilbert have with Salem?.....He was born there!

IMG_7577

After watching the movie, it was so much more interesting to look at everything that we had looked at the last 20 times we had been there!

IMG_7578

It was exciting to see 2015 up in the dress-up room.  I had a good feeling about the new year when I looked at this sign.

IMG_7582

This boy cracked me up as he was looking in the mirror at himself.

IMG_7583

They had a craft room of making masks.

IMG_7584

IMG_7585

They all requested to sit on the huge rocking chair for a picture like we have done before with all the cousins.

IMG_7590

The grocery store room...

IMG_7566

This room is kinda neat.  There is a camera (of some sort?) set up and the kids can dance around and watch the screen change patterns.

IMG_7567

Desiree
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...