Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Learning about fish part 1

We took a little break from Swimming Creatures of the Fifth day for a little bit, but we have picked it back up for the summer.  We started back into it with Chapter 6--Fish!  I skipped a few chapters because I wanted to get into the fish first since the boys requested to learn more about Fish.  They had started fish lapbooks recently, so it seemed like a good place to start. 

IMG_8147

I picked up this magnetic fishing set at Lakeshore. I decided it was necessary for our upcoming fish unit, and that we must have it (wink!).  I have some fun ideas for games with it.

IMG_8148

 It was fun fishing one morning before we sat down to read.

IMG_8149

I found this game on pinterest I think.  It was a big hit with my little guy. He worked hard to get those bubbles all lined up.

IMG_8151

He petered out at around 12 though.

IMG_8152

IMG_8153

Those fish were pretty fun to make too!

IMG_8154

This is the last thing I have pictures for right now, but we have done a ton more.

We made these tissue paper fish kites.  They turned out pretty cute, and remind me of windsocks.

IMG_8157

 I'll post some more pictures of the lapbooks when they are closer to being done. Also, we are going on a fishing trip this week, maybe we'll have something interesting to show from that too!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...