Sunday, June 21, 2015

science exploration: stars and constellations

so

We had a fun night last week staying up late and looking at some stars.  It was one of our science explorations for the summer reading program.

I pulled out a book that I have that has glow in the dark constellations.

IMG_8284

It worked great when we shined a flashlight on it.  They lit up so well, and the little guy had fun making those light up while we were waiting for the sun to go down all the way.

IMG_8267

Aaron took out his play telescope.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to get the real ones out this summer.  The boys sure would love it.

IMG_8268

The boat made the perfect star observation deck.

IMG_8269

I LOVED letting the boys stay up late to look at stars, it was so much fun.  Such special moments too.

IMG_8271

The next day we made some constellations out of marshmallows and toothpicks.  I drew them on cards to make it easy for them.

IMG_8281
IMG_8282

Aric made virgo.

IMG_8283

I was impressed with Alex.  He made quite a few, and totally got it.  Having them drawn out on 3x5 cards really helped.

IMG_8285
IMG_8286
IMG_8287
IMG_8288



All in all it was a super fun science exploration!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...