Friday, August 28, 2015

Homeschool Mother's journal: Last week of August

Life this week: Many of you may have noticed an increase in my posts.  I'm trying to bring it back to life, and do some catching up. I have missed sharing life and school. April had her charter school orientation last evening. She is feeling more excited about it now, and she even got issued her own laptop for school use.  I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have her books yet though. I really want to post her curriculum for 9th grade soon.

School this week: I found this box of magna tiles on clearance at Target this week.  I was so excited to find them because I have been wanting a set for a while. These were out a lot this week and even the big kids had fun with them.

image

Places we went: We went to a pro baseball game with Hubby's work last Saturday.  It started with a picnic dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs. There was tons of smoke in the air so everything looks a little smoky because of all the fires that were around the area.  Besides that we had a lot of fun. The little kids lasted about halfway through the game, and we called it a night. I think the 2 older kids would have lasted for a while though. We decided to stop in at Dairy Queen on the way home for a sweet treat.

image

image

Today we had to get some new tires, and they had this race car out front of Discount tires.  The boys thought it was fun.

image

What we're reading: We got our USborne book order this week, and I purchased the book How Big is a Million for Alex. He really likes it. It's about a penguin who is trying to figure out how much a million really is. I am reading about leadership education in The Phases of Learning.  It has some great ingredients to incorporate into our homeschool life.  Aric's listening to me read Shadow of the Shark to him. Aaron is reading Dear Mr. Henshaw for some required reading, and Aric is listening to that as well.

IMG_8502  

That about wraps up our week. How was your week?

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...