Monday, November 21, 2016

52 lists: Thanksgiving menu (week 46)

With it being my birthday ON Thanksgiving day this year, I suggested that we go out!  Nobody really jumped at that idea, and really I enjoy just being at home, so I will be cooking for some family at our house. It's not a big gathering, just 3 extra people in addition to our family, so it will be pretty low key. I'm pretty happy to host, especially since it has been a few years since we were just home!

Our Thanksgiving menu:

Appetizers and snacks
  • Pretzels and cheese dip
  • Veggie tray
  • Possibly deviled eggs
Main dinner

  • Turkey
  • Mashed Potatoes and Turkey gravy
  • Stuffing (from the box, nothing special)
  • Rolls
  • Green bean casserole (Pioneer Woman's looks pretty good)
  • Apple cranberry slaw (from pinterest)
  • Sparkling apple cider to drink
Dessert

  • Pumpkin cheesecake
  • Birthday cake (Happy Birthday to me!)
52 lists with Chasing Slow

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Pioneer Woman's green bean casserole. But I love her mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday & Happy Thanksgiving! I saw that cranberry apple slaw and thought it sounded so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I saw an apple cranberry slaw looking for an apple cranberry fruit salad on Pinterest - it looked good. I was going to put everything out at once, but that's a good idea to have appetizers and snacks. :) I hope you have a happy and special birthday/Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...