Thursday, November 10, 2016

A new wreath

Remember this red, white, and blue wreath I made over the summer? The ladies at church had a 4th of July "craft night" where we  were able to choose a few themed crafts to make. I chose to make this wreath. I just loved how it turned out, and while we were painting all those clothes pins someone had the idea to just paint new clothes pins to change it up for each season/holiday of choice. I thought that was a brilliant idea. Some other ladies didn't like it. The idea of taking all those clothes pins off and on was a little bit much for them, but not for me. I love not having to store a wreath for each season, I just have to keep the metal ring that the clothes pins are attached to, and change it as I make new ones. A pack of clothes pins at Walmart is a few dollars, and a can of spray paint is a few dollars, done!

IMG_0828

To paint all the clothes pins I just laid them out, gave them 2 coats of spray paint, flipped them over to do the same on the other side.

IMG_5428

 This batch was easy because I didn't do 3 different colors, just brown.

IMG_5430

This is the most tedious part, I think. Flipping them over. 

IMG_5429

I had to bring them inside since the rain was coming. They dried beautifully.

IMG_5431

I had planned to use little wooden cut outs of leaves, like I did for the stars on the red white and blue one, but I couldn't really find any. So, I found these cloth ones at the craft store. I wasn't sure how it would work when I picked them up, but when I laid them out it was nice. I am happy to have repurposed a wreath to use for more than one season.

IMG_1457

Looking forward to making a Christmas one next. I might do 2 colors for that one! Or, maybe just white. What do you think I should do for the Christmas one?

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...