Monday, January 9, 2017

SNOW! or snow again?!

We have had so many snow days here it is almost starting to feel like normal to see yet another storm on the forecast with a possible layer of snow. Our area isn't known for snow. We're lucky to get maybe one good snow or chance of snow in one winter.

Untitled

It's getting old this winter already. Because life around here doesn't go on when it snows. Everything shuts down, and all our fun activities get cancelled. It was Alex's birthday party on Saturday, and the snow storm rolled in during his party. I was thankful that we were able to have it before it got real bad, and that everyone brought their kids, even from Salem (which is about 30 minutes away). But, church was cancelled the next day. Our co-op is already talking about whether classes will happen on Wednesday. Sigh!

Oh well, I guess. This kid is just absolutely loving it. I sure hope he doesn't get used to it, and ask "where's the snow?" next year when it doesn't come. Guess we'll have to go find it up in the mountains then.

Untitled

 Are you enjoying the snow?

1 comment:

  1. It was so pretty falling yesterday - giant fluffy flakes - that's my favorite part. I'm curious though - I wonder if we could bury a ruler in our snow, LOL! I can only imagine how you feel not being used to so much snow, but I do know what it feels like when it gets old. C'mom spring! Come early this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...