Monday, July 20, 2020

Summer Fun activity: Farmer's Market

We have a summer fun list of sorts. This is our "summer bucket list" tree. It has some activities that we hope to get to this summer. I have no idea if we'll get to all of them and we are even still adding things as we think of them (we have lots more leaves), but I'm not going to put too much over-thinking into it. If the activity fits, we'll do it.

Untitled
Untitled

On Saturday we were out and about and decided to swing into a farmer's market. We had time, and we knew it was on our list of things to hopefully do this summer. There are not any farmer's markets happening close to us currently (at least none that I know of), so any farmer's market we go to will be at least a 15 minute drive. We were near Sherwood which happened to be having one that day!

Untitled

I don't usually buy fresh flowers for myself, but this big bunch was calling out to me. This is a huge bouquet, by the way. The picture might look a bit small because it definitely doesn't capture the enormity of the bunch. Alex helped me arrange them.

Untitled

Then we headed to another farmer's market because Sherwood's was very small. This one was in Beaverton. We also went on a walk. The only thing we purchased from Beaverton's market was lunch. It was delicious. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it. I was too excited to eat something new, Ethiopian food. I did take some pictures of pretty flowers though!

Untitled

Before we made it to the Beaverton market though, we took a nature walk at Tualatin Hills Nature Park. It was beautiful, and amazingly like walking through the forest even though it's in the middle of a city.

Untitled
Alex striking a pose in the bright sun.
Everything was so green and beautiful with the sun's rays coming through the trees. It was a perfect retreat for us.

Untitled
Some clover
These stumps would be so fun to sit around and talk about nature on. We didn't want to sit with the heavy traffic through the park, but the boys had fun jumping on them.

Untitled

We spotted a few creatures too. Lots of birds and this barred owl. It was amazingly still and quiet. We were able to stare at it for quite some time. I am sure the owl was not happy with us staring and making noise (although we were trying our hardest to be quiet, really) because it looked like it was asleep. But, we couldn't be sure because it also looked awake. The head never turned to face us, it was completely still like this the whole time, so I assumed it was sleeping. Or maybe half asleep. It sure did give us a long time to gaze at it.

These activities sure did feel nice. We need to make it a point to get out in nature more! I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...