Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The 52 lists project: list 29

Today's list is my dream job. In a sense, I feel like I already have a lot of hats or "jobs" that I wear that are some of these "dream" jobs. So, I guess this list is a mixture of things I dreamed of as a kid, things I do as a Mom and adult that I think would be fun to do professionally, and things that I've never done but look like they would be a great way to make a living. I will try to label each dream job's origin. I also will say that I am not necessarily good/knowledgeable about any of these things and whether I could do/perform them is completely a different topic. This is just my dream!

List your childhood and current dream jobs:

  • Teacher--Definitely a childhood dream. I used to play "school" all the time and dreamed of being a teacher. I also homeschool so I feel like I have kinda fulfilled this dream. Unintentionally.
  • Librarian--I have used the library way more as an adult and homeschool mom than I ever did as a kid, so this is definitely an adult/current life dream.
  • Restaurant owner/chef--I'd say this is more of a dream that I developed as an adult as I have developed more skills in the kitchen.
  • Actor--This is definitely a childhood dream. I remember having conversations with my mom about this. I have to say as an adult I don't see myself in this role at all, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun.
  • Dancer--Childhood dream. I have loved dancing all my life. I remember making up dances as a kid. I dreamed of ballet. I remember my Mom taking me to see about ballet but it being way out of our league money wise.
  • Artist--Adult dream. It's my favorite subject in our homeschool.
  • Author--Adult dream. Writing/keeping a blog has been eye-opening in that I have realized I love to write. Again, whether I'm good or not is a different subject. I'd love to learn to be better.
  • Art Teacher--Adult dream. I love teaching kids, so definitely a kids art teacher.
  • Music Teacher--Adult dream. I love music. I'd certainly need lots more training in this area though. I would probably be a kid's music teacher too.
  • Seamstress--Adult dream. I never sewed as a kid. I've had to self teach a lot of what I know, but I think it'd be fun to learn more and make cute things.
  • Florist--Adult dream.  I arranged some flowers the other day with my youngest and thought it would be a fun thing to do on a regular basis.
  • Park Ranger--Adult dream. I love being outside. I love seeing what the park rangers do at the state and federal lands. I have thought it would be a cool job a time or two.
  • Arborist--Adult dream. This would take a lot more education, but it ties into my love of nature and being outside.
  • Master Gardener--Adult dream. I would love to know enough to teach others and do it as a full-time job.
  • Photographer--Kinda childhood dream, but mostly an adult dream. I have loved pictures all my life. When I got my own camera as an adult though it hit me how much I love taking pictures. I was such a fan that I would go to great lengths to set up scenes for my firstborn to take her picture every month of the first year of her life. I haven't stopped taking pictures since. I have even done some families and one wedding. It is not my dream to be a wedding photographer, too much stress!
  • Hairstylist--Adult dream. I cut my husband's hair after watching the first few times I was able to do it on my own. He hasn't had to go to the hairdresser much at all. My boys on the other hand are harder. I also think it'd be fun to be better at it. Making people look awesome would be a fun job.
  • Nurse--Adult dream. I actually almost switched to this major in college. But, then I didn't finish college, so whatever.
  • Writer/Journalist--Adult dream. Same as Author.
  • Disney Cast Member--Adult dream. I'd love to be one of the characters that get to dress up or be in one of the shows. Even being in charge of a ride there seems like it would be a fun job.
  • Lego Masterbuilder--Adult dream. I love legos. As an adult. I never really played with them too much as a kid, but I love them now.
  • Veterinarian--Kinda from childhood, but mostly adult.
  • Zoo/Seaworld animal keeper--Childhood dream. I went to SeaWorld with my Grandmother once as a kid. Probably around 9 or 10 years old. I saw the people that got to train/play with the dolphins and thought that would be the coolest job. Thought the same thing when I went as an adult.
  • Midwife--Adult dream. Delivering sweet babies and helping their families/mom through the birth process would be just amazing.
  • Cake Decorator--Adult dream. I have dabbled in cake decorating the past few years and think it would be fun to do for a living.
  • Exercise Instructor--Haha, this is the perfect one to follow cakes! This is an adult dream. Maybe because of my love of dancing.
That is my list of dream jobs. I may decide to pick one of these up over the next few years as my kids grow and leave the house. What is your dream job right now.

2 comments:

  1. I’ll go to Disneyland with you when all the kids are grown and be a cast member!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, awesome Sally! So glad to hear someone wants to join me!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...