Saturday, October 2, 2021

Y is for Yahtzee (Games ABC)

I am really excited for this week's board game ABC post! Yahtzee! Not just any Yahtzee though...Yard Yahtzee with oversize dice and a big bucket. I've wanted to start collecting yard size games, but they've been so expensive to buy at the store, so I decided to make one. The instructions and idea came from my Cricut Design Space. I just had to find a bucket and some wooden blocks.

Untitled

I originally was going to leave the dice unfinished with just the wood showing, but Alex really wanted to paint them. I decided that would be a fun idea, so I let him do that.

Untitled Untitled

The rest was just cutting out all the vinyl with the Cricut and applying it. It was my first big project using vinyl, so there are some very obvious mistakes, but overall I love how it turned out.

Untitled

I grabbed a scorepad from our regular (normal-sized) Yahtzee game and we headed outside to play.

Untitled

Alex really enjoyed dumping the dice from the bucket...

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

I think the bucket could hold another set of dice, so I might make another 5 dice, and then we can have a few games going for a bigger gathering.

Untitled

Do you have any oversize yard games? What are your favorites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...