Wednesday, September 29, 2021

LEGO ABCs: Y is for Yellow

Up for this week in our alphabet series is the letter Y. We're blogging about things that start (or end with) the letter Y. I have some yellow LEGO builds from the past year to share, and my co-host Chareen is sharing YouTube Homeschooling

Y is for yellow
 
For the first yellow build I have a candy machine dispenser from Frugal Fun 4 Boys and Girls that I built. I made the one that dispenses the starburst. It is mostly yellow so I started by digging in the yellow box.

Untitled

It was pretty fun to make. I had to substitute what pieces I couldn't find, so there are some things that are not exactly like the original directions. For example, I didn't have enough clear pieces for the front, so I had to use all solid yellow. I would have loved to see the starburst from the front though.

Untitled

It didn't take long for it to get dropped and smashed. That's okay, it needed some improvements as the candy would get stuck every once in a while.

Untitled

The next yellow build is a rebuild of a Technic set that had fallen apart. Alex wanted to give this one a try.

Untitled

He started it, but it became a little too difficult, so I had to finish it. There were a few pieces missing too, so it took quite a while to build.

Untitled

Here are the results! A really cool looking tow truck with working parts.

Untitled Untitled

The last yellow build is an Easter chick that I built last Spring.

Untitled

Y is for York

New York, that is! Surprisingly, Alex really likes the Architecture sets. He's 10, so it surprises me that he likes these so much. He convinced me to buy this used set at our local Bricks and Minifigs for less than half the price of the new one. It's really a good deal because these sets can be expensive. 

Untitled

So, it's all taken apart and ready to build! I wish I would have gotten a picture of it before I took it apart, but forgot.

Untitled

That's all for our LEGO fun this week! Thank you for reading and joining us!

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:


To see what others shared last week, visit the Letter X blogging through the alphabet post.


letterY mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. The Linky party is scheduled to go live at 2pm every Wednesday.
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. yellow is such a happy colour! I love the little chick. It's beak is so cute! LegoTechnique is a wonderful addition to the lego family. I loved seeing my son's creativity with this product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow was my favorite color for a long time during my teenage years because it made me so happy. Still does! Yes you can do some amazing things with Technic!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that candy dispenser is neat!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...