Wednesday, September 1, 2021

LEGO ABCs: U is for Unicorn

Welcome to the Letter U! This week I struggled to find something other than Unicorn. Because well, my boys don't really care about unicorns. But, I decided to just go with it and built the unicorns myself! My co-host Chareen has chosen Ubiquitous Homeschooler for her topic this week. These last few letters are going to be a challenge, but we're almost to the end! 

UisforUnicorn

U is for Unicorn:

When I finally decided to just give in to the Unicorn, I had to build them rather quickly because I only decided yesterday to go with it. I found instructions for building a LEGO Unicorn at Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. Then I got digging into my white LEGO bin for most of the unicorn body. 

IMG_4829

Finding pieces for this was not too bad. I only had a few colors to find for the mane and tail, and some black for the hooves and nose. I found the pieces for 2 unicorns in case Alex might decide he wants to build with me. He didn't, but he thought they were fun. I built both, and it was fun.

IMG_4830

As I was building, I realized the most obvious other letter U choice could have been Unikitty! We actually have a Unikitty set that needs to be rebuilt. This "minifig" kitty was all that I had ready for this post though. Unikitty is a fun character in the LEGO movies.

IMG_4832

U is for Update:

I also realized that I should do an update for some of the past posts where I didn't have things finished or built at all. First update is for the S is for Sea post. I hadn't built all the sea creatures from that set yet, but now we have! We have the squid...

IMG_4833 IMG_4834

And the angler fish/tiny fish...

IMG_4826 IMG_4827

The next update is for the I is for Iron Man post. I finally finished rebuilding the set that I mentioned in that post. It had a lot of missing pieces that I had to dig through the storage bin for. It took a long time. I found all the pieces though! Even all the special minifigs.

IMG_4825 IMG_4824 IMG_4823

The next update is for the N is for Ninjago post. I had gathered most of the remnants of the set, but to rebuild it I had to find many missing pieces. It took a long time to do that as well. I still can't find one of the minifigs, but I figure I'll come across him someday. He's in our storage bin somewhere, I'm sure. The set is all rebuilt now though, only a few missing pieces that I just couldn't find. This is a fun set.

IMG_4822 IMG_4819 IMG_4820 IMG_4821

That's all for our LEGO fun this week! Thank you for reading and joining us!

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:


To see what others shared last week, visit the Letter T blogging through the alphabet post.

LetterU mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. The Linky party is scheduled to go live at 2pm every Wednesday.
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I haven't commented very often however I wanted you to know that I've so enjoyed your weekly lego posts. Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiration. I've loved seeing the variety of projects you all build together and love the wonderful memories you are creating together.

    Unicorns are such cute creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Chareen! This has been such a fun experience, and I have learned a lot. Not only with our LEGO builds each week and sharing them, but also with all the other posts that are shared. I am glad you are enjoying them. Some weeks I do wonder if it's worth it, or if it's not very interesting.

      Delete
  2. We love the unicorn. The rainbow mane is adorable. I bet my daughter is going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I hope she does! The rainbow mane is fun. I thought about doing different shades of one color too. Ours are still together and they make me smile every time I walk by them.

      Delete
  3. Wow, You put a lot of work into these! They are all great. I love the little Unikitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do take a lot of work. The builds especially. If I have to build something of my own creation it takes more time too. The sets are nice and easy though.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...