Wednesday, June 2, 2021

LEGO ABCs: I is for Iron Man

This week is all about the letter I. It's the 9th letter of the alphabet, so we've been doing this for 9 weeks not counting our introduction post, yay! Great job! Each week is just a new adventure for me with the link-ups and with our new LEGO builds. I am loving all the new ideas and things to read. If you need some new blogs to read and follow be sure to check out everyone's links and add yours too! It's never too late! We accept new and old blog posts as long as they follow the guidelines and relate to the current letter.

Here are some featured posts from last week (Letter H):

This week my co-host Chareen is blogging about Instagramers to Follow who are Home Educating, and I am going to share some of our Iron Man LEGO building.

Iisforironman

I decided a few months ago to start at the beginning and make my way through all the Marvel movies so I could understand the story/stories better and put everything in order. My teens LOVED that idea and they have been watching them with me. I am happy to say I'm on the last movie! It's a 3 hour movie so I have to do it on a night when I have a lot of time or break it up into 2 sessions. Then my daughter is really excited to watch Wanda Vision with me. So, with that said, I think I have decided my favorite superhero is Iron Man. I've never had a favorite before. In fact, I've never really been a superhero fan, until now. I've really enjoyed watching them with my teens. 

Untitled

The first Iron Man build is an easy mosaic from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls, LEGO Superhero Building Cards. I love making mosaic's and these are pretty easy. The printable cards are free just click on the link and sign up with your email. These take just a lot of regular bricks, so super simple to find pieces if you have a lot of basic colored bricks.

Untitled

The next build is not built. I had great ambition in rebuilding this Avengers/Iron Man set of Aric's, but it has taken so long to find all the pieces. I am having to search through all our storage bins to find them. So far I've gotten through all the blues, and I have rounded up all the Iron Man minifigs.

Untitled

Still, a long way to go to find all the pieces! I will have to update this post when I have finished. I am thankful that we keep all the old instructions though!

Untitled

I know my boys would cringe if they heard me say this, but isn't this Iron Man cute? Minifigs are so fun and cute. What's your favorite superhero?

Untitled

That's about it for the letter I! Thanks for reading/looking at all of our builds this week.

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:


mainabcimage LetterI

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. 
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't even know they had marvel themed minifigs. But then again, there are many sets you can get stateside that never make it to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never even thought about that! I didn't know there were some sets that wouldn't be available in other countries. I wonder why some don't make it over there. Interesting!

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I have a favorite super hero. We did enjoy watching all the 1960s TV show episodes of Batman a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...