Wednesday, June 16, 2021

LEGO ABCs: K is for kitchen

Welcome to a new week of blogging through the alphabet! Letter K. Some weeks it's pretty hard to come up with something for a specific letter. That was definitely this week. There's not a lot of K in LEGO! But, I got creative and got in the kitchen! My co-host Chareen will be sharing some more advice and ideas for homeschooling with her letter K post: Know Yourself - Stop Playing the Comparison Game.

But, before I get to my post here are some featured posts from last week's Letter J link-up:

If you're just joining us for the first time, it's not too late! You can post anything family-friendly thing related to the letter K, new or old! Or start a new series!

kisforkitchen

This week we are featuring LEGO-themed treats from the kitchen. I happened to have two LEGO silicone pans that made these treats really easy, but first a fun and quick treat that requires no special pans or tools. 

These yellow chocolate-dipped marshmallows make a perfect LEGO minifig head, and they're fun to eat. Now my black (edible) marker didn't work very well so I wasn't able to get a ton of these made, but it was really easy to make. Just some yellow chocolate melts, marshmallows, lollipop sticks, and an edible black marker. I was able to find all of these things at a craft store or my local Walmart.

Untitled

The kids thought they were tasty.

Untitled

The next treat is a LEGO minifig cake. I purchased the silicone-shaped minifig pan at the LEGO store several years ago, and the miniature minifig pan was purchased from Amazon. It looks like this particular one is no longer available, but I did find this one that's pretty close.

Untitled

I baked the cake and then attempted to frost it. Cakes are not my thing, but it was sure fun to try, and fun to eat. The kids really enjoyed it. 

Untitled

I had some extra cake batter so I made an extra small cake. This is another fun way to decorate. I ran out of blue for the circles, but you get the idea of how to make it look like a LEGO piece. There are so many fun ideas for LEGO cakes that are way more pretty than mine! These are just what I threw together quickly.

Untitled

I didn't get to making the Jello jigglers I was going to do in the mini Minifigure pan, but Almost Unschoolers has some fun tutorials for things to make in that one including "Jolly Rancher" LEGO men. We might give those a try sometime!

That's about it for the letter K! Thanks for reading/looking at all of our builds this week.

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:



LetterK mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. 
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love the marshmallow treat one! My girls would have a blast with that. My youngest had a lego birthday a couple years ago and we bought a lego pan and used it to make candy lego blocks. She also made party favors for her guests by using it with crayons to make lego shaped crayons to take home. The lego themes are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many cool things to make for a LEGO theme! I love the lego shaped crayons idea too!

      Delete
  2. I never knew they had Lego stuff for the kitchen and parties. I must be sheltered! But now I know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...