Wednesday, June 9, 2021

LEGO ABCs: J is for Jurassic

Some weeks just don't go as planned. I had hoped to have this post all written up before our trip, but alas here I am writing this early in the morning at Great Wolf Lodge. I even brought the LEGOs for this week here to finish building them, which was totally fun, by the way. 

Some featured posts from last wee's letter I link-up:

JisforJurassic

Untitled
Building this week's set at the Lodge was fun!

This week I am sharing a set from Jurassic World, Baryonyx Face-Off: The Treasure Hunt. It's a new one for us, although we have a few others that I'd like to rebuild, but I have to find all the pieces. 

Untitled
The Jeep is coming along nicely! Such fun details.


We started building this at home, but quickly ran out of time so we packed it up and took it to the Lodge to build for some downtime. Aric started the set by building the Jeep, and then I finished the rest.

IMG_4693
The Baryonyx dinosaur and jungle scene with treasure

IMG_4694
A close up of the treasure. It's hidden kinda behind and under the green stuff. Just push the green LEGO button and the greenery opens up.

IMG_4695
The Jeep and Trailer

IMG_4697
The details inside the trailer. There's a bed, and a desk with a computer.

IMG_4698
I really love the Jurassic Jeep

IMG_4699
The minifigs that come in the set

Other Letter J builds include these characters. I built these, just for fun. Alex has loved playing with them.

Jcollage
From the classic transparent blocks set.

Untitled
Building them

I tried to catch the light in transparent blocks in the sunshine. 

IMG_4682
These will be fun to display

This is the set they came from:

Untitled

J is for Jigsaw

One last thing for J. Jigsaw puzzles. There are some fun LEGO puzzles out there to do. This one with all the yellow LEGO heads was given to me for my birthday last November. My friend laughed a very evil laugh as she gave it to me because she thought it looked hard. It was! That puzzle took me months. Every piece had to be fully scrutinized before placed. So much yellow!

Untitled

Fast forward to May...I got her a LEGO puzzle for payback. Turns out hers was not as hard. She did it in a few days. I kinda knew it wouldn't be as hard. This one has way more variations. But, it was still fun to give her a LEGO puzzle. She enjoyed it and then we traded. Now I'm doing hers and she is trying out the yellow heads. I will also note that she came over a few times and helped me with that yellow one when I was working on it, so she knew how absolutely difficult it was. Good times! Doing a puzzle with a friend is also a blast too.

Untitled
My friend's puzzle that I just started working on.

Untitled
Still a long way to go!

That's about it for the letter J! Thanks for reading/looking at all of our builds this week.

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:


LetterJ mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. 
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that puzzle would drive me crazy! I love the dinosaur. I had no idea that lego had such beautiful sets. The little fish on the top left in just for fun is so cute too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely have to be a puzzle person to do that puzzle. The other one is proving to be MUCH easier!

      Delete
  2. I love the classic sets that give you tons of bricks and a few instructions. My kids have one big set and several of the smaller color sets to build with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those classic sets are great! I love getting them because it builds our LEGO collection too. This transparent set is one I've had my eye on for a while and it finally went on sale.

      Delete
  3. I love doing jigsaw puzzles with family and friends, but I'm not so sure I would've tackled the Lego faces. Way to go for finishing it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...