Wednesday, September 15, 2021

LEGO ABCs: W is for World

It's time for the letter W in our blogging through the alphabet series. I can't believe we are almost done with the whole alphabet! This week I have a LEGO world that we built, and my co-host Chareen is sharing about Cursive Writing.

wforworld

I am sure most of you are familiar with the Disney movie Wall-E where the little robot takes it upon himself to clean up the earth after all the humans deserted it. In doing so, he finds all the people and helps to bring them back to the world they are supposed to live in. I think his story fits in very well with what we built this week, a world LEGO mosaic

Untitled

I found the instructions for this mosaic on the blog: Childhood 101. There is a free printable to use and follow for the LEGO Mosaic world. There are even both sides of the globe, but I only made one side. That's all I had enough pieces for. It took quite a bit of my blue, and I was even worried I might not make it all the way through.

worldabc

The nice thing about this pattern is you just use what you have. You can put any shape of blue in wherever there is blue, and any shape of green where there is green. It's a lot of counting, and like a puzzle.

IMG_4895

It's really neat looking when it's done though! I have it on display in our living room next to our U.S. flag. If I had more flags that would have been fun to add. 

IMG_4896

That's all for our LEGO fun this week! Thank you for reading and joining us!

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:


To see what others shared last week, visit the Letter V blogging through the alphabet post.

LetterW mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. The Linky party is scheduled to go live at 2pm every Wednesday.
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Wall-E is cute but that world is so neat! I really like it and might get Miss J to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world was such a fun challenge. It took a few hours, and a lot of patience with counting, but was very worth it. I also forgot I was going to add some white pieces to the bottom for antarctica, but forgot. So might be something fun to add.

      The Wall-E is cute, but I can't take credit for that one. It's a stock photo, but I just loved how it fit with the world.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's pretty neat once it's finished.

      Delete
  3. I love your world. That is really neat. I've never seen that done before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LEGO has a big huge world set that they just put out not too long ago. It's pretty impressive, but I like that this one can be built with regular bricks.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...