Sunday, January 28, 2024

My Weekly Notebook: Time for travel? (Is it time yet?)

 


Life this week...

It's about this time of winter that I start dreaming of getting away. Especially to somewhere warm and sunny. I wish I could say I have a trip planned real soon to said place, but I don't. It is time to start thinking about the travels we want to make for spring and summer. Probably a lot of camping mostly this year.

Homeschool this week...

It was a long week of getting work samples ready. Some things we had to focus on more than others to get some good samples. For example, an art project for Alex. He did a Winnie the Pooh chalk pastel lesson.

Mom-school this week...

I am thinking about starting an IEW teachers course. It might be a good idea for me to get trained in a writing course. I didn't do much actual studying of my own this week. It was busy.


Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

The website My Teaching Library was super useful for me this week. I highly recommend this resource for lots of extra printables and curriculum.


Places we're going and people we're seeing...

It was a pretty normal week as far as going to Village Home and our nature group. The boys had some friend outings and their D&D group on Saturday.


A few of our favorite things this week... 

One of my favorite things was an unplanned night outside looking at the stars with hubby while sitting by the little fire, and then getting an awesome picture of it.

Something I accomplished...

I made cupcakes for LEGO day (the 28th of January). I even made little chocolate minifigs (green because it was all I had on hand). I also got one kid's work samples finished. Now to get the last 2 done.

What we're reading...

  • The Princess and the Goblin by George Macdonald (morning read-aloud)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab (mom)

Movies/TV we watched... 

I watched Fried Green Tomatoes with hubby on Saturday night. I'm also making my way through the Once Upon a Time series on Disney+

Outdoor time...

I have decided to take a picture outside everyday and post it to my Instagram. I am on Day 6 and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

LEGO...

I built a skate shop to go with my roller skating rink that I'll be building soon. I need to have my roller skating rink done by March for the LEGO convention. I've got to get on that!

I'm grateful for...

Each and everyday I get to homeschool my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...