Sunday, January 14, 2024

My Weekly Notebook: Week 2 - Ice

week2

 

Life this week...

We ended the week with a weekend of freezing rain, ice, and sleet. Everything was cancelled and the roads are pretty much ice skating rinks, so we've opted to not go anywhere. It has been nice, but also just annoying. I would have liked to have a normal weekend. We were lucky and didn't lose our power though! That is definitely a blessing! I will be glad when it all melts. 

Homeschool this week...

We finally played Element Bingo for Aric's Chemistry lab for lesson 1. It was a great review for learning and getting familiar with the elements.

 Untitled

Mom-school this week...

I have decided to start a daily separate Mom-school list for myself. I make daily lists for the kids' school, so why not one for myself?! I'm always unsure what to do, having  a list will be nice for direction and record keeping when I need it. Hopefully this will help me do more of my own learning on a daily basis.


Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

Got a book or curriculum that you want to use in your homeschool? Check if the publisher offers extra educational material to go along with it. I've found so many helpful, educational things, to go along with our lessons when I check. For example our Turing Tumble set. I looked online to see what ideas there were for teaching and turns out there is a whole 118 page practice guide to print up with extra puzzles and explanations. Don't forget to check when you get a game too!


Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We were back to classes at Village Home this week. It was a long break that started Thanksgiving week. We also went to Langer's on Tuesday and Alex got to celebrate his birthday with his friends. They bowled, laser tagged, and played at the arcade. On Monday we went on a walk with our homeschool nature group at Keizer Rapids Park. I think that wraps up the places we went. I guess I kinda went backwards with that timeline, but it works!


A few of our favorite things this week...

Alex says his favorite thing from the week is the snow/ice we got this weekend. He even went outside to play with a few neighbor kids to play and drive his RC car around for a bit. Not much gets him outside these days unless I make him so I'd say this is no surprise for his favorite thing.

Things I'm working on...

I have pulled out the Harry Potter LEGO castle to work on again. I'm almost exactly halfway through (finished 2 out of 4 books).  It has been slow building because I have to take so much time finding pieces. When I took it apart last time I didn't bag the pieces in separate bags. So, all the pieces are one big jumbled mess. I hope to finish it this week. It is still fun to build though!


Random things the kids worked on...

Earlier this week I mentioned to Alex that he hadn't used his RC car in a while and that he should charge the batteries, so this weekend he finally pulled it out and worked on it with his dad. It's finally fixed and now we can take the RC car for regular walks again!


Something I accomplished...

I got the kitchen table cleared and ready for the new school week coming up. Got assignments ready to go and found books and things needed for at least Monday.


Movies/TV we watched... 

I checked out A Charlie Brown Valentine from the library and watched it with Alex. It made me laugh. I love the antics of Charlie Brown and his take on life is hilarious sometimes.

Untitled  

Outdoor time...

We are halfway through January and we only have 6 hours. It's hard because I have no desire to be cold, but that's what it is right now. I just need to do it anyway.

Games we played... 

Alex and I played Boggle for the first time (we got this game for Christmas). Alex did pretty good for his first time! It took him a few rounds to get how the words could be connected/found, but he finally figured it out.

Untitled

 

LEGO...

I made another mosaic for my collage of mosaics. This one is the puppy. I love these mosaics because I just follow the pattern. I don't have to think about how to make it at all. It's nice for a quick project.

 Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

I made taco pizza for one of the pizzas on pizza night at home. It's one of my favorites right now.

 Untitled

Other thoughts from the week... 

Alex scored some fun Croc Jibbitz charms in a mystery grab bag. We also returned a too small pair that I had bought online and he picked these ones out in the store. We were able to make sure they fit. He loved the grab bag.

Untitled

 

I'm grateful for...

A gas fireplace. It's nice to have for cold days/weeks like this.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...