Friday, December 6, 2013

Pablo Picasso and blue guitar art project

We did this art project a few weeks ago, but it turned out so fun that I didn't want to miss sharing our fun.

While we were studying Picasso I found this blue guitar collage art project that I thought would be perfect for my kiddos.  They all love guitars, and it ties into one of Picasso's great pieces of art called "The Old Guitarist" that he painted during his "blue" period.

 We started by making a blue guitar on a large piece of construction paper, then they cut out pieces from newsprint or black construction paper to decorate the guitar how they wanted.

IMG_4946

Love to see them all happily working (quietly).  This was a great project that they all loved.
IMG_4947

All the finished guitars up on our board!  It was fun seeing them all together.
Even I did one.
IMG_4950

April's guitar...
IMG_4951

Aric's guitar...
IMG_4952

Mom's guitar...
IMG_4953

Aaron's guitar...
IMG_4954

We also loved playing with a fun website called Picassohead.com.  The kids each created a Picasso style head.  Click the link and try it, it's fun!

I love teaching and learning art along with my kiddos.  I certainly learned a lot about Picasso!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...