Monday, August 14, 2017

5 days of... Curriculum (day 1)

curriculum

I wish I had all our curriculum here to take some nice pictures, but I don't have it all yet. I've ordered it through the charter, but I won't be able to pick it up until orientation at the end of August. So, I simply have lists with maybe a few pictures splashed in here and there. I will add pictures of stacks of books later if I remember.

Fist we have Alex, the 1st grader. He will be working on strengthening his reading, and learning how to do a little more sit down work. I also want him to have a fun year of learning, so I plan to do a lot of hands-on projects with him because that is the kind of kid he is. Very busy!

1st Grade

Reading:  All About Reading Level 1, Days Go By Pathway reader and workbook
Math:  Life of Fred Apples
Science: Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics
Writing: Handwriting Without Tears printing book, Draw Write Now, and Copywork
History: Story of the Wrold volume 2, Five in a Row units
Geography: USA geography
Art: HomeArt Studio 1
Literature Themes: Lapbooks from Homeschool Share


The 4th grader will be doing much of the same work as his brother, but different levels. They will all do science, history, and geography together.

4th Grade

Reading: Building Our Lives Pathway reader and workbook
Math: Life of Fred Butterflies and Teaching Textbooks 4
Science: Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics
Writing: Handwriting Without Tears Cursive book, Copywork
History: Story of the World volume 2
Geography: USA Geography
Art: HomeArt Studio 4
Spelling: All About Spelling Level 4
Elective/STEM: Lego Mindstorms EV3

Untitled

The 6th grader I haven't figured all of his stuff out yet completely. I know he will have to take one online class through the charter, and I don't know what class that will be yet. I also haven't been able to put an order for curriculum in yet. I have listed some of the things I am hoping to buy through the charter, and some we do already have.
  
6th Grade

Reading: Readers in Residence
Math: Life of Fred Kidneys, Teaching Textbooks 5, possibly an online math class with charter school
Science: Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics
Writing: Writers in Residence, Here to Help Learning
History: Story of the World volume 2
Geography: USA Geography


Other resources for our homeschool learning

Nature study with Outdoor Hour Challenge
Art for kids Hub
Pastel art from Hodgepodge art
Music study and appreciation

I am sure this isn't all we will use throughout the year. There will be many library visits as usual, and of course I have the homeschool review crew that will give us opportunities to try out new things all year long.

We also have many outside of the home classes and activities that I will post about on Day 4 of this blog hop. Stay tuned!



Back to Homeschool Annual Blog Hop - 2017

1 comment:

  1. Always good to see what others are doing. We enjoyed story of the world

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...