Thursday, February 15, 2018

P is for Pinewood Derby

I just realized that I never got around to posting about the pinewood derby in January. Perfect to go along with P for my abc blogging through the alphabet post!

Our cub scout pack holds a pinewood derby every January. When my boys receive their car kit in December they immediately start to work on their own unique design. Then the car usually sits in the box for a few weeks until it is finally taken out a week or two right before the big race. They spend many evenings working with their Dad getting it cut, painted, detailed, adding weight, and lots of other little details. The boys do their own work while their Dad shows them each step.

Untitled
The car before the race

I'm always glad that Dad takes the time with them because I would probably tell them to paint it, slap the wheels and weights on it, and call it good. It's not that simple though, and my boys take great care to get their cars just right.

Untitled

This year Aric chose to make a truck with some hockey team logos on it. He was the only boy to race from our family this year. Aaron has grown out of cub scouts, and was glad he didn't have to make a car until we got to the race, then he was wishing he could participate. Next year Alex will get to make one.

Aric won 1st place. He won 1st place last year too. The year before that Aaron won 1st place. I think our pack might be happy when we have no more boys from our family racing. I was kind of hoping we wouldn't win just so another boy could get it. But, only kind of. At the end it got kind of intense. When his car raced the other 2 top cars, I really wanted him to win at that point. It was fun to see his victory.

Untitled

 We have a great group of boys in our pack. Cub Scouts is so fun.

Untitled I am linking this up with Blogging Through the alphabet with Hopkins Homeschool
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...