Wednesday, July 28, 2021

LEGO ABCs: P is for Park

It's time for the Letter P this week! The LEGO feature I'm sharing about is a Skate Park set. My co-host Chareen is sharing about Homeschool Podcasts that she enjoys. 

Pisforpark

Let me start by sharing this: My son, Alex (age 10), has recently discovered the bmx track again. We hadn't gone for a few years, and we had kinda forgot about it until someone mentioned it on social media. That reminded me that Alex is at the perfect age to really enjoy going to a local BMX track again. I took him and he really enjoyed it. There were even some other riders giving him some tips. Now he wants to watch a real BMX race night to see if it's something he'd like to do more.

Untitled

Alex loves all things bike and riding, so this LEGO Skate Park set is a fun one for him. We used to go to the skate park pretty often, and the BMX track. In fact there is one park that we go to sometimes (it's a little drive) that has both! Here is a video from that park from a few years ago:


With all that said, this set seems like the perfect match for my skate park loving boys. Sure, we could have made one on our own, but we didn't have some of the features that this has, nor could we have made them.

IMG_4765

This set was pretty quick to put together. It's only 195 pieces, so I was able to put it together during an episode of LEGO Master Builders (surprisingly Alex didn't want to build it, he just wanted to play with it).

IMG_4758

Once it's together there is a nice interactive skate park scene with a skateboarder, a bicycle, and a wheel chair. I really love that it includes so many characters to play with on the park. It also has a truck with what looks like it could be a sponsor of some sort of orange soda or vitamin drink.

IMG_4757

I tried to make the characters look as cool as the ones on the box. They don't stay very well.

IMG_4764

Makes me want to go play at the skate park!

IMG_4762

I really enjoyed the wheel chair dude too.

IMG_4759

There is a lady inside that truck driving the drinks around.

IMG_4760

People that can do awesome things in wheel chairs amaze me. I like that they included that in this set.

IMG_4761

Must be a sunny and warm place where this skate park is.

IMG_4763

That's about all I have for this week's ABC blogging with the Letter P. If you haven't had the chance to check out last week's Letter O posts, here they are: 

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:



LetterP mainabcimage

1 comment:

  1. How fun this must be for your lad to put together and play with. Such a fun little set!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...