Wednesday, August 4, 2021

LEGO ABCs: Q is for quit

Welcome to a new week of blogging through the alphabet. I don't have a lot for the letter Q, except a funny picture and story about quitting. My co-host Chareen is posting about Quintessentially Homeschool in her homeschool series.


Qforquit

It's getting hard, this blogging through the alphabet. We are getting to the part of the alphabet that has some of the most difficult letters. The temptation to quit is strong. Believe me, I've been there, a few times! In fact, I don't think I've ever completely finished a whole round of blogging through the alphabet. But, I'm committed to seeing this one through. It does help that I'm hosting and that keeps me going, partially. But, the temptation to quit is there. With that said, there are only 9 letters/weeks left! Don't quit on me now! I've missed seeing a few regulars. I sure hope you can join us again!


IMG_3594
Aaron, age 7, weekly LEGO building challenge.

Our LEGO build for this week didn't happen. So, that is why I'm posting about quitting and LEGOs. This picture (above) was of my son when he was about 7 years old (he's now 15). I had given him a weekly challenge to build something. I can't remember what, but this was during the time that we were building challenges pretty often. He found it too difficult and came back with this. I'll give him credit for spelling "quit" right, and it was pretty creative. I do remember how frustrated he was, and it sure shows in his face here. He went on to make some great creations since then. Here are some pictures from shortly after that one.

This one I think was a sombrero challenge:

IMG_5440

This one was a build he made at co-op one day. So, he didn't quit forever!

IMG_5380

It can be hard to get a build to work/look the way you want it to. Especially one that is from your imagination. But, thankfully, I've learned over the years that it doesn't have to be perfect, and to appreciate any creations that my kids or I create with LEGOs.  

Q is for Quilt

Another word for this week that came to mind was "quilt". I thought about making a cool LEGO quilt out of LEGOs, but it seemed kinda boring. Instead, I thought it would be fun to make a real quilt out of LEGO-type fabric. Unfortunately, there isn't really any LEGO fabric readily available. At least not at my local fabric shop. I found some to order, but I don't know if I really like it. Instead I came across a LEGO pattern quilt, and when you look at the whole thing, it really looks like a stack of LEGOs! I think this would be a fun one to make as it uses a ton of itty bitty scraps. Might be tedious, I don't know. I have lots of fabrics I'd love to use up though. There are quite a few fun-looking LEGO quilts on Pinterest too. A fun idea with more time!

That's all for our LEGO fun this week! Thank you for reading and joining us!

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:



LetterQ mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. The Linky party is scheduled to go live at 2pm every Wednesday.
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. A LEGO quilt would be fun to do! And I smiled at the creativity of your lad with the challenge he didn't want to, providing you with the perfect photo for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Aaron's lego sign. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...