Wednesday, May 19, 2021

LEGO ABCs: G is for Green

The weeks are flying by and I am really enjoying this series, but it's not easy coming up with something for each letter. Both my co-host Chareen and I felt pretty stumped with this week's letter G. All my kids and I could come up with for G was green, and as for Chareen she finally settled on Geography. Also, that's why this post was up late! I was still building things this morning, and now it's 2pm and I'm finally writing the post! It's not easy, but it's fun and I love the challenge. 

I am loving reading everyone's posts each week! Here are some features from last week's letter F:

There were so many great ones to read! Go read them if you get a chance, so many fun things to learn.

Gisforgreen 

Building with the green LEGO's for this week turned out to be the funnest thing, and really pretty easy. I just pulled out our green bin and we each built something green or that had a green theme. I also started thinking of all kinds of other things that started with g that I wanted to share, so we also have a garden, a gnome, gifts, gears and gravity.

IMG_4660 

Let's start with Alex's creation, a green fidget spinner. He did this challenge in less than 10 minutes! I was amazed. It was a perfectly working fidget spinner (unfortunately I didn't get a video of this one). He loves fidget toys, so this was definitely his style right now.

IMG_4648
Alex's green LEGO fidget spinner
  
The next green build is one that I did, a Gravity Roller. I saw the idea first at one of my favorite LEGO and fun activity blogs Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. It really was a pretty simple and quick build. This is all it took for one of the gravity rollers.

Untitled
 
Once it's together you start it rolling at one end of the table and it will hopefully keep rolling using gravity and the weight in the middle. I had to play around with weight and it worked best kinda going down a small slope.

IMG_4651 

Here is a very short video of this gravity roller in action. There is also a video on the Frugal Fun page (it's way better than mine!)

G is for Garden and Gnome

The next build is a Garden and Gnome. The garden is our creation and the gnome is from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls also.

IMG_4649 

 The gnome is really pretty cute. I would have liked to make more, but I ran out of time.

IMG_4650 

I thought it'd be fun to make it like a children's garden with some fun characters like Mater here.

IMG_4653 

G is for Gears

The last build for green is from a Klutz book Alex got a few months ago from Scholastic called Gear Bots. These are fun builds that have action and movement.

Untitled

We chose to do the green lizard to go along with our green theme. All the pieces and the paper elements are included in this kit, so it made for a quick and easy build. I like step by step directions!

IMG_4656 


IMG_4657

The finished lizard! Now to figure out how to make it work. The kids get to figure that one out, although this one's pretty easy to figure out. Just push it!

IMG_4658

 The feet almost get in the way of the movement, but if you push down hard enough it goes pretty well.

IMG_4659

Here's a little video of it in action: (Aric didn't want his hands in the video so he made a clever pushing tool out of white LEGO's)

G is for Gifts

I love to give LEGO's for gifts. There are also some great ideas for making homemade gifts out of LEGO's with a quick search on Pinterest, or come up with your own! 

We have a few birthday's coming up so we currently have a few gifts waiting to be given to the recipients. The first is for Alex's best friend. He really wanted to get her a Minecraft set since that is one of their favorite things to do together (playing Minecraft on the xbox or computer). 

IMG_4655 

The next gift is for April who loves the show Friends. Her birthday is in August, but I saw it on sale on Amazon so I snatched it up now. I'm pretty excited to give it to her.

IMG_4654

That's about it for the letter G! Thanks for reading/looking at all of our builds this week.

Now it's your turn to share! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:

letterGmainabcimage


**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. 
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my that gnome is so cute. I love seeing the fabulous cretivity of your family with lego. Thank you so much for sharing and hosting Blogging Through the Alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked that gnome too. I was hoping to make more with different colors. Oh well!

      Delete
  2. That lizard is awesome. Thank you for the video to watch it in action.
    Good job Alex with that fidget spinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really turned out great. Yes, the action sure makes him come alive for sure!

      Delete
  3. My son asked for the gears set for his birthday and a few other similar ones. My in-laws picked up two of the sets I think so I can't wait to see what he gets in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little green gnome and scene. So adorable. Plus that gecko lizard is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The garden didn't quite get finished as I'd hoped, but I think it turned out okay.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...