Wednesday, May 5, 2021

LEGO ABCs: E is for Easy

It's a new week in our blogging through the alphabet series! We are on the Letter E this week, and it feels like time is just flying by with no pauses. Co-host Chareen has been sharing a lot of advice about homeschooling in her ABC series, and this week she is talking about Encouragement for Weary Homeschooling Mothers. I will be talking about Easy ways to get started and build with LEGO. We had a lot of fun things to read about last week with the letter D, you can see that link up at my D is for Display post and also Chareen's D is for Delight Directed post.

I chose Easy for the letter E because I wanted to share some easy ways to build with LEGO. I also thought about how easy it is to get started building with LEGO, if you're just starting out, with these sets. 

Untitled

Have you seen these sets? It's just a box of classic brick pieces in different colors that you can just build all kinds of different ideas, either your own or with the directions included. We have acquired quite a few of these sets over the years. Alex got one for Christmas once, and I bought one just to beef up our LEGO collection. I have even pointed out to the boys one that I wouldn't mind getting for mother's day that has some transparent bricks

IMG_4565

I love that LEGO has these sets. It's such a great way to get started building any collection new or old, and the directions for easy builds are pretty fun. I decided to build just a few for example. They also have both small and big boxes of these sets. The first build I did was a little pirate ship. The directions were online for this one. Did you know that, by the way? A lot of directions are just online at LEGO.com for most sets!

Untitled

Look at that little ship! Such an easy build! It didn't take me long at all and I could see all the basics of how to build something right away.

IMG_4566

The next easy build is this momma and baby elephant. The instructions for this build were right in the instruction book. Look how cute! I love the purple and pink bricks, we definitely don't have enough of that color, but with these sets, I was able to add quite a few to our collection.

IMG_4567

Another easy way to get pieces to build up a collection is to find a local used brick store. We have a store local to us called Bricks 'n Minifigs that sells bulk used LEGO's and pre-built sets. They have locations all across the US. Finding used bricks is a great way to go. 

That wraps my letter E post for Blogging through the alphabet! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:


letterE mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:
  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate. 
  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares. 
  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want. 
  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love. 
  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way. Evergreen content (past posts that relate) is also welcome. 
  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter. 
  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I did not know you could get the Lego kit directions online. Thank goodness. Some of our directions are in really bad shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's wonderful to have instructions available online too. We've lost some of ours and it's so nice to go online and find them there!

      Delete
  2. Online directions - cool! My girls will love knowing this. And I'm with you - I enjoy the purple and pink bricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the online directions are so convenient! My boys don't appreciate the purple and pink bricks like me, lol.

      Delete
  3. I have found lots of used lego at yard sales and thrift shops. I like the idea of the online instructions and will need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online instructions are great for convenience!

      Delete
  4. I love the digital instructions. You can zoom in on them and see more clearly.

    I love the ship and elephant. So clever. The pieces used are so creative. I love that people can create recognizable items using every day lego without having to get too complex.

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...