Thursday, May 20, 2021

Preparing for a family camping trip

It's that time of year for some camping! I've posted a lot about our camping trips after they happened, but I've never posted about the before. I thought it'd be fun to share some of the before happenings this season.

camping

We are getting ready to go camping in a week so I've been starting to gather some fun things and making some preparations for the trip. I always like to bring along some fun surprises especially for our time at the camp. Things that we don't usually have or do on a regular basis.

Mini cereal boxes. I picked up a bunch of flavors of cereal for an easy breakfast. We'll even bring red Dixie cups to eat them in. This is a new one for us this year. I've always just brought one kind of cereal, or no cereal at all. I think the kids will enjoy this.

Untitled

We'll be camping over the USA's Memorial holiday weekend, so I thought it'd be fun to have something patriotic to do. Alex and his friend will probably be the only ones to do this, so I'll have to get something fun for the older teens to do. I will probably also get some other crafts together.

Untitled

A fun ball dart game to put up somewhere in the camp. We will also bring a few other card and board games. Usually I buy one new board game for the camping season too. I haven't decided if I'm going to do that this year or not as we have a lot of games. I'd love to get a giant Jenga game or some other big yard game, but they are pretty expensive right now.

Untitled

I plan to do a tie-dye activity with the family to make red, white, and blue shirts before the camping trip to use all summer long for all our camping trips. I just need to get some more white shirts that are the right size!

Untitled

Of course, I am going absolutely sure we have all the supplies needed for s'mores.

Untitled

New beach towels. I decided to get a set of colored beach towels for camping so we can keep track everyone's towels. It gets so confusing when they are all hanging up and no one remembers which one is theirs. Each person will get a color and that will be their towel for the whole trip! 

Untitled

That's all I have so far. I have lots more prep to go. I need to make lists of all the gear, get it out of storage, and start organizing and packing. 

I am linking this up with the Homeschool Review Crew's monthly challenge:


SchoolhouseReviewCrew.com

5 comments:

  1. Color coding the towels is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bring along card games as well when we go camping, no board games though as it's too easy for pieces to go missing.
    Colour coding towels is something we've done for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your ideas! Those maps are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see how the kids decorate them!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...