Sunday, May 9, 2021

My Weekly Notebook: Star Wars, first baseball game, and snacks

Life this week...

It went by in such a blur! I am pretty sure time is speeding up again, and it's leaving me feeling like I just don't have enough of it. I really wanted to do more on May the fourth, but we just didn't get to planning or even having time to do anything, so we played a game and watched a movie. Which, I guess that's enough, but I like to have time for fun days like that and it feels like we just don't anymore.

Homeschool this week...

This was a "get the basics" done kind of week. Nothing exciting to talk about as far as homeschool lessons. It was just one of those weeks where I'd much rather be on vacation than pushing school work. Maybe we'll do better next week.

Reviews we are working on...

We have slowed way down with reviews, which I am thankful for. Right now we are using an online storybook program that reads stories out loud to children. We also have a book with great stories about kids doing kind things for others. I think those are the only 2 currently! Those reviews will be coming soon.

Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

Snacks. The Review Crew has challenges for us to post about each week either on the blog or on social media. I really wanted to do the homeschool snack challenge, but never got around to it. So, here's my blurb about homeschool snacks! Don't forget about them! I realized in thinking about how we snack during our homeschool hours that I don't always remember them. Especially the healthy ones. My kids are really good about grabbing the random chips or fruit snacks, but we don't often do a big snack that would be better for everyone.

The picture below was an evening snack we had one night this week instead of sweets. I just put everything out and when everyone was starting to come for the sweet stuff they saw this and it was a hit. There are some more great posts about snacks for homeschool at The Homeschool Review Crew blog. I got some great ideas there, and maybe I won't forget snacks as much anymore.

  Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Alex had his first baseball game of the season. It turned out to be a beautiful day for playing and watching a baseball game. I was the only one that attended from our family, but later in the season, we'll have a few family nights where the whole family will come.

Alex was on 3rd base most of the time.

  Untitled

Batting. He never did get any hits, but he gave it his best. Sorry, the picture is blurry. My phone can't zoom since the camera was fixed, but I'm still happy it takes any pictures at all!

Untitled Untitled

My favorite thing this week was...

Going to my friend's birthday dinner and giving her the perfect gift that matched all her other gifts without my knowing what the other gifts were. She was thrilled. I also loved hearing Alex give a talk in primary for the first time in over a year.

    Untitled

What we're reading...

All kinds of books about baseball. I requested them from the library and they started coming in this week. Maybe we'll have some pictures of titles next week!

Movies we watched... 

We started the Star Wars movies from the beginning on May 4th. We'll make our way through all of them over the next few months. I also watched 2 more Marvel movies. I think we have 2 left and I will have made it through those. Then I will finally be able to start Wanda Vision with April. She's very excited for that.

Games we played...

On Star Wars day we played Guess Who Star Wars edition. I am so glad this game has lasted us for so many years!

  Untitled

I'm grateful for...

These weekly wrap-up posts. It gives me a chance to reflect on my week and see what we've done and what we need to improve on. It always gets me excited about the new week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...