I discovered this recipe a few years ago, and I pinned it. I have made it a lot since then. My kids love it, the Hubby not so much. He still prefers his Jiffy muffins over this, so I usually make a batch of these muffins along with a batch of Jiffy for him. It's a win win.
They come out very moist, and fluffy.
Here is the recipe:
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line one cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Gently add in the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
7. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners (I use a large ice cream scoop for this) so that the liners are about 3/4-full.
8. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 14-18 minutes.
Recipe source: The Curvy Carrot
Linking this up to Home to 4 Kiddos, try a new recipe Tuesday.