Wednesday, March 8, 2017

H is for Hullabaloo

Untitled

One of the kids' favorite games when they are little (and even still when they are biggish) is Hullabaloo. I have had this since April was little. I think I found it at Goodwill. We pull it out every once in a while still, but I'm sure someday soon my youngest will decide he's too big for this game.

Untitled

How it works: It is an active, moving game, so there are stepping pads to be laid out all across the floor. Each child picks a purple "cranium" pad to start on.

Untitled

 Then they listen for the cues. It will say "hope to a triangle," or "spin to a blue." As the kids play more rounds it even gets "Twister" like where they have to touch multiple pads. At the end of a round if they are standing on the pad that is announced they get to "do a funky dance" or "take a bow." For some reason they love that part.

Untitled

 These are all the pads, and thankfully we haven't lost any yet. There are 3 of each color. Also the round thing is the thing that announces where the children go. It works great still, but it is definitely too quiet in a room full of children. I usually have to repeat it if we have a lot of kiddos.

Untitled

That wraps up our H week! I am linking this up to:

A Net In Time Schooling

Here are my previous abc posts in case you missed one:

A is for aggravation
B is for Bingo
C is for Chess
D is for Derby
E is for Evening of Games
 F is for Face
G is for Great Wolf Lodge

6 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like something my younger three would love! What a fun idea to get them active while calling it a game! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this but it looks like such fun! I love it when games last longer than the expected. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fun! I wish I would have known about it when my kids were younger.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...