Sunday, March 28, 2021

My Weekly Notebook: Spring break, Raya, and a birthday

Life this week...

It was spring break week over here in our little part of the world. All of our things were on break including co-op, parkour, music lessons, and our charter school, so it was such a nice quiet week.Oh and April was off for college too. I forgot how busy all those things make us. We had some very nice downtime, and time spent at home. We had nothing special planned, so we just hung out at home and knocked out a few projects.

Homeschool this week...

No formal school days happened this week. Just reviews that we needed to work on and whatever interested the kids.

Reviews we are working on...

I checked this out from the library to go along with one of our reviews (a different title was suggested, but this is the only version of Judge Judy our library had). I haven't watched any of it yet, but we have been discussing a lot about the law and our justice system for this review. I am learning things I didn't even really understand or know either! Review coming this week.

  Untitled

Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

There are a lot of great blogs to read at the monthly Homeschool Review Crew's Homeschool Blog Post Round Up. It's a fun round up of ideas, curriculum, and words of encouragement.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We went to the Tulip festival (last weekend) and the Garden store. Oh and Bi-Mart to get paint to paint April's room. The lady that mixed our paint at Bi-Mart really wants us to come back and show her a picture of the end result. We will do that this week. She was a really nice lady.

My favorite thing this week was...

Building a LEGO Surf shop. Because I always dream of going to the beach for Spring break, but building LEGO's is always fun. Post to come soon.

My kids' favorite thing this week was...

  • Alex really enjoyed having a friend over for a sleepover on Friday night.
  • April loved getting the green light to paint her room, and she loves the result.

Things I'm working on...

I am really trying to get the basics of the ukulele down. I have wanted to learn it for a long time, and an opportunity to join an adult group lesson came up, so I did. Also, I'm finally using the online uke lessons I purchased a long time ago.

  Untitled

Random things the kids worked on...

For some reason this week was not a random creative project week for the kids. 

Something I accomplished...

I got a bird feeder back up and full of new seed. I haven't had any bird feeders up this winter. I already have birds visiting after just a few days. I also pulled weeds and got the back yard mowed for the first time since the fall. The yard still needs a lot more work, but it's already looking better.

Untitled

What we're reading...

I finished Father-ish by Clint Edards. I loved how much I could relate to his funny parenting stories and advice.

Movies we watched...

Friday night we watched the new Disney movie Raya and the last Dragon since Alex was having a sleepover. It did cost a little bit, but it would have been about the same as if we would have gone to a theater, but this way we are comfy at home and we don't have to wear masks through the whole thing. Good movie, and now we have access to it anytime! The kids really liked it. I think we might have to have a movie night again!

Untitled

The 2 sleepover kids made beds on the floor to watch the movie.

  Untitled  

Games we played...

I can't believe it! We didn't really play any games this week either.

I'm cooking...

I made homemade pizza on Friday night instead of our usual Sunday since we were having company and kids usually love pizza. We had steak and mashed potatoes on Sunday night (although I didn't cook the steak), and that was yummy as I had been craving a steak for a while now.

We're celebrating...

Last Sunday was Michele's 45th birthday. We had 2 cakes, both his favorite. One was German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting, and the other was a yellow cake with chocolate fudge frosting. They were delicious. 

  Untitled Untitled

What's working/not working for us...

Audible is working great for us. Having books to listen to in the car or at bedtime is so nice.

I'm grateful for...

A full and stocked fridge with enough food for the week and beyond. I am also thankful for good food.

That wraps up our week! How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...