Wednesday, April 14, 2021

LEGO ABCs: B is for Brickheadz

Image from Flickr

Over the last few years I have collected many LEGO Brickheadz sets. They are bigger than a minifigure, but not huge and some have oversized heads. They kind of remind me of caricatures or bobble heads, LEGO style. Their heads don't bobble though, they are a solid figure. Anyway, I decided a few years ago that I really liked them and started collecting them when I could. 

I collected many different characters from Star Wars, some Disney characters, and even animals like a sheep and chick. They are so fun to build and to keep on display. Here are 2 from a Disney movie, The Little Mermaid. Ariel and Ursula:

  IMG_4527 IMG_4539

 My collection grew so big for the space I had that I had to take some apart and put them away, so now I only have up the seasonal ones. The Easter chick and sheep are still up.

  IMG_4541

 Well, to add to that display we now have our Brickheadz family!

IMG_4538
Our Brickheadz family!

   

For this week's ABC build I decided to take some of my already existing Brickheadz characters and change them into our family members. With the help of a few of the kids we managed to create everyone in our family. If you know us you might be able to guess who's who, but some of them might be really hard to guess because we didn't have a whole lot of time to change out everything. Mostly hair colors were hard because it's a lot of pieces to change out, so I started with characters that were somewhat close in hair color. Are you ready to see who's who?

Lets start with April. Her Brickheadz character started out as Ariel because well, red hair. It was hard to switch out the fin for legs! Just like the movie!

IMG_4532
April's Brickheadz likeness

Then we have Aaron. His Brickheadz character started out as Kylo Ren. His hair is pretty long right now, and even though it's not black (it's a very dark brown) he was walking through the kitchen the other day with black clothes on and when I glanced up he kinda looked like Kylo Ren on first glance. So, that's what we started with for him! Just FYI, he didn't have any input because he didn't want to give any. Some kids did, and some kids didn't.

IMG_4535  
Aaron's Brickheadz likeness

Next we have Aric. I picked the Ron Weasley character to start with for him. Aric doesn't really have red hair, but I just didn't feel like switching all that red hair out, so we'll just pretend like he has red hair for now. His favorite color is green, so he got a green shirt.

IMG_4534
Aric's Brickheadz likeness

Next we have Alex. He gave me a lot of input and helped me build it too. His character started out as Owen from Jurassic Park/World. He wanted a white jacket like the hoodie he wears all the time, and of course jeans and blue shirt because he loves blue. 

IMG_4536
Alex's Brickheadz likeness

Now we have Mom (me). I started out as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I ended up wearing what looks like a jean skirt, but I was really going for regular jeans. Her feet are funny because she just had on a long dress before and no feet. I didn't feel like fixing it, so here I am with a skirt. Oh well!

IMG_4533
Desiree's Brickheadz likeness

Finally, we have Dad. His character started out as Han Solo. His hair is supposed to be more red and less brown, but again switching out hair takes a lot of work, so we kept it. The original Han had a laser shooter, so Alex wanted to keep that. He just switched out for a Dad kind.

IMG_4537
Dad's Brickheadz likeness
 

Some pictures of the building process. I had to rebuild all but 1 of the brickheadz and then change out pieces. Alex was my building partner with input from a few others. It was a fun few hours and a lot of work!

IMG_4529

Alex wanted to take a picture of me building. This is my best pose.

IMG_4531

 That wraps our letter B post for Blogging through the alphabet! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below.!

mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:


  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate.

  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares.

  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want.

  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love.

  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way.

  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter.

  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. These are really cool. I don't know if I have seen these before...I have a family member who collects the mini-figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love minifigs! Those are fun to collect too!

      Delete
  2. I love lego and somehow have never heard of the Brickheads... odd looking character, I can still see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW. I love these. They are cute. I really love little things and have a printers tray full of them.

    Love seeing your family likeness :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...