Sunday, April 4, 2021

My Weekly Notebook: animals, parks, and Easter fun

Life this week...

If I could sum up this week with one word it'd be: tired. I spent most of the week just feeling so drained. I am not sure why. It's actually probably a good word for the past few years. I feel so tired all the time. Yes, I've checked all possibilities and nothing shows up as to why, so I live with it for now. The week wasn't all bad though. I think we had a few highlights.

Homeschool this week...

One of Alex's assignments in his Animal Lover's Fun-Schooling Journal was to watch an animal documentary. At my suggestion he watched Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom on Disney+. He watched one episode for this assignment, and then decided to watch more during the week. This is a great show because it really lets people see all the behind the scenes work and care that needs to happen for these animals to stay healthy and happy at the Disney Animal Kingdom theme park, and it's narrated by Olaf (Josh Gad). 

Untitled

Part of the assignment is writing down the details of the show, what they learned and saw, and the people/actors/characters (or in this case the Disney cast veterenarians). He watch S1:E6 Per's Prickly Pregnancy. I even watched a little bit of it. I found it fascinating.

Untitled

Reviews we are working on...

We are reading a biography about Meriwether Lewis, so we have some fun projects that we might do along with that. Some things that involve the Lewis and Clark expedition, and Native Americans. It's kind of a unit study.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We did something we haven't done in a long while. The ice skating rink is finally back open and April is taking some lessons. Usually she drives herself, but this week I needed to go out and do some things, so we drove her and I ran some errands. It was just like old times. We drop her off and hang out until she's done just like we used to do so many afternoons when she was doing competitions. It felt so normal! We went to Target and the park while she was skating. Target was one of my errands, and the park because it was sooo nice out. We visited a park that we havent' visited for a long while.

Untitled

It was such a nice day out. I also miss randomly going to the park with my boys. They are growing out of this, and we don't have as many chances to go with no meet-ups happening right now. My heart was aching a little bit at the thought of kids growing up and wanting to play at the park less. It was such a great way to get out and play. At least this guy still enjoys it.

Untitled

And I still enjoy it daisies and all.

  Untitled

My favorite thing this week was...

Saturday's Easter fun of checking out the "bunny trail" of antique stores in Aurora. The kids got treats, we got to see some fun things. Then we had lunch afterward. It was a fun time.

     Untitled

Random things the kids worked on...

Alex wanted to do an egg experiment. He wanted to pour Coca-Cola on an egg and soak it for a while to see what happens. Later he added vinegar. It's still soaking and we're still waiting to see what happens.

  Untitled

Something I accomplished...

I started my very first blog hop/linky this week. It was a lot of prep and learning as I've never done it before. The theme is blogging through the alphabet, and I'll be focusing on LEGO builds each week. I am excited to have an excuse to get out the LEGO's each week!

I'm cooking...

I made cinnamon rolls for Easter morning. That's probably the most notable thing I made this week. Everything else was just mundane.

I'm grateful for...

A nice Easter dinner with friends.

A fun picture to share...

I made a fun little egg hunt for my class at co-op. They loved opening them up and playing with the finger puppet animals. We got them last year for Easter from Grandma and have provided many fun hunts both at home and with friends.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...