Wednesday, April 21, 2021

LEGO ABCs: C is for Creator 3-in-1

letterc

 

A few weeks ago, over spring break, I bought a new LEGO set for us to work on since we had no plans for anything fun, and nowhere to go. I decided on the Creator 3-in-1 Surfer Beachhouse set because it seemed fitting with my desire to run away to the beach for the week. The challenge would be for the kids and I to build all 3 sets during the week. We even had it figured out who would build which set, but we ended up only getting through the first one, the Surfer Beach House, during the week of Spring break.


Untitled
We set out to build all 3 ways this set could be built for Spring Break.


Alex and I built the Surfer Beach House together over the course of spring break week, but I think I ended up building a good portion by myself because he was outside playing a lot.

Untitled
LEGO sets come in numbered bags so that there aren't a ton of LEGOs to sort through as your building, you open one bag at a time.

Unboxing all the pieces and setting them out.

Untitled

When it's all finished there's a lot of fun ways to play. It opens up and there are some different rooms to put minifigs in. The sea turtles are fun, and of course there are surf boards too. I love the little details.

IMG_4543

IMG_4545 IMG_4547

We left that together for a while, but finally took it apart to build the lighthouse. Aric wanted to build this one, so he did pretty much the whole build on his own. Some fun details on this one too. The ray is the sea life for this one.

IMG_4550

We didn't make it to the 3rd build for this set yet. I will leave this one up for a few weeks and then probably take the lighthouse apart for me to build the last one. I claimed that one! This is the first set that we've actually used for all 3 projects. This was a fun set. I really like the 3-in-1's for the ability to build it different ways. There is a whole section of these at the LEGO website.

UPDATE: I have finally made the 3rd build of this set. Here it is! I had fun making this one, love the details. I also wouldn't mind having a little beach house like it too!

  Untitled Untitled  

That wraps my letter C post for Blogging through the alphabet! Please join co-host Chareen and me as we blog through the alphabet and link-up below:


mainabcimage

**Rules for linking up:


  1. Your post must be family-friendly. We have the right to remove any posts that are inappropriate.

  2. When linking up you agree to give us permission to share your post or a photo in any future blog posts and social media shares.

  3. Please link back to the host or co-hosts blog, and use the image if you want.

  4. If you can, check out a few other posts in the link-up and leave some comment love.

  5. Please, make sure your posts relate to the alphabet or blogging through the alphabet in some way.

  6. The link-up will be available for one week for each letter.

  7. Last of all, have fun. If you can’t join for one week, don’t stress. Just join next time, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. We have one of the creator sets - it is a skateboard one I think. My son and I made one of the builds but then he decided to dump all the pieces with his misc Lego bricks so...he can make the others when he is older if wants to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what usually happens to our 3-in-1 sets! I don't think my boys have ever made it past the first main build. I think they discovered a whole new world when I told them we were going to try to build all 3, lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. I love the attention to detail in this 3-in-1 build. Lego does it so well. We are currently watching Lego Masters Australia. They just commenced season three however the first two seasons are online to watch. I have been astounded on the creativity and delight of the contestants. I think your family may enjoy it.

    Thank you for sharing your 3-in-1 build. Please do come back and share build three with us :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are watching Lego Masters too! I don't know if it's the same as the Australia one or not. I imagine there are different people, but maybe the same ideas? It is fun, and the kids and I are making our way through the first season now. I'm curious about Lego Masters Australia now too. I wonder if I could access it! I'll have to check into it.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...